NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Congrats to League Champion

By punisher
9/08/2016 2:25 pm
Congrats to Green Bay who won 45 - 26 over Tennessee which Green Bay finally broke thru to win their first Super Bowl in their 3rd super bowl appearance (2028 , 2015 and 2014 ) though they could have won it in their 2nd appearance (2015 if they scored a touchdown they only lost 31 - 27 to Houston ).

Btw it was a different owner for each appearance 2014 ( nvinceable1 ) , 2015 ( MikaV84 ) and 2028 (War Eagle)
Last edited at 9/08/2016 2:27 pm

By CCSAHARA
9/08/2016 3:15 pm
Congrats Green Bay!

By nidd
9/08/2016 3:57 pm
Gratz WarEagle and the GB team. What a game,,,,

By spacehorse
9/08/2016 4:16 pm
Grats!
Last edited at 9/08/2016 4:17 pm

By chinaski
9/08/2016 4:18 pm
Grats Green Bay! That was an all out embarrassment. No stopping that passing game. I thought we might be in the game after the safety and the following score, but your KO return dashed any hopes right after. I have no clue what offensive plan we were using, so many 3rd down runs that are not in our book at all. We had no business making it to the SB and you proved that.

By WarEagle
9/08/2016 6:47 pm
Thanks. Congrats on a great season to you.

Initially I was wondering what was going on with my gameplan. I did not intend to pass the ball that much, but it was working so I quit complaining. Good thing too, because aside from one long run, you pretty much shut down my running game for most of the game.

I did not expect to win the championship this year. I think I may have even commented at the beginning of the season that I'd be surprised if I made the playoffs. I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise that I didn't have any draft picks this year, because I probably would have been playing my rookies and it may have cost me some games.

Hopefully I will be able to remain a contender. Things are shaping up nicely for me next year with the amount of draft picks and cap space I will have.

Good luck to everyone in the off-season.

By Mr.Krazy
9/09/2016 2:33 am
Congratulations Green Bay and War Eagle on the 2028 Super Bowl Victory!

Who knew Green Bay would have advanced all the way to the championship game out of nowhere

(p.s. I have now started to work on the 2028 Seasonal Awards so watch out for that in the next couple of days)

By Tecra031
9/09/2016 7:01 am
Congrats GB

By ibblacklavender02
9/10/2016 6:11 am
Congrats WarEagle! I been inactive for a few days sorry for the late response..

By murderleg
9/13/2016 9:12 pm
ibblacklavender02 wrote:
Congrats WarEagle! I been inactive for a few days sorry for the late response..

Same here.

Great job WarEagle! I like watching your team play, personally. This time was no exception.

Watching this big game was fun, lots of cool moments.

With my top 10 pick hopefully i'll be close to reaching for those playoffs myself. That said I think I need to tear down before I can build back up. In the meantime I think I can expect Green Bay to keep dominating week after week. See you there, and grats.