NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 10 Discussion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/02/2013 6:38 am
GG, Zoot

Wow, that was quite a game. We come out of the shoot in very unusual fashion driving right down the field throwing the ball, only to get stopped short of a TD, and kick a field goal. Both defenses holding each other to field goals in the first half, finally the first TD was a pick-6 by Denver. Then a very strange interception in the end zone with a hold that gives you a weird safety ... will have to look at that one ... then suddenly the offenses come alive and start scoring touchdowns. End regulation with a nice drive by Philly to kick the game-tying field goal, we hold you guys on the first possession to force a punt only to throw an int deep in our own territory to set up the winning field goal for Philly.

Re: Week 10 Discussion

By ZootMurph
10/02/2013 7:06 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG, Zoot

Wow, that was quite a game. We come out of the shoot in very unusual fashion driving right down the field throwing the ball, only to get stopped short of a TD, and kick a field goal. Both defenses holding each other to field goals in the first half, finally the first TD was a pick-6 by Denver. Then a very strange interception in the end zone with a hold that gives you a weird safety ... will have to look at that one ... then suddenly the offenses come alive and start scoring touchdowns. End regulation with a nice drive by Philly to kick the game-tying field goal, we hold you guys on the first possession to force a punt only to throw an int deep in our own territory to set up the winning field goal for Philly.

I haven't watched it all yet, but it looks like it was one helluva game. A 57 yard FG with 2 seconds left (I love my kicker!), then another FG in OT to win the game. It looks like your red zone defense was tearing it up. We didn't get many points there. A TD, Safety, and 6 FGs for us... we were lucky, even though we had the ball for 42 minutes of the game.
Last edited at 10/02/2013 7:08 am

10/02/2013 7:10 am
ZootMurph wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG, Zoot

I haven't watched it all yet, but it looks like it was one helluva game. A 57 yard FG with 2 seconds left (I love my kicker!), then another FG in OT to win the game. It looks like your red zone defense was tearing it up. We didn't get many points there.

Your kicker also hit a 59-yarder in the middle of the game. I couldn't believe it when you lined up in FG formation on that play. He must be a good one for you to trust him with that kind of distance in a non-end-of-game situation!

By ZootMurph
10/02/2013 7:51 am
Have you ever figured out what's going on with the inside runs for Miami? I increased my outside running for this game, and reduced my inside running... but we ran way too many inside runs in our game. I'm wondering if the game is picking outside runs when the result is supposed to be an inside run, and vice versa... I mean, I have my outside to inside ration at 2:1 for this game, but I am seeing what seems like a 2:1 Inside to outside ratio in this game.

It would really help if we could see the play calls in the replay... that would help us to figure things like this out much more easily.

By nero
10/02/2013 9:22 am
ZootMurph wrote:
Have you ever figured out what's going on with the inside runs for Miami? I increased my outside running for this game, and reduced my inside running... but we ran way too many inside runs in our game. I'm wondering if the game is picking outside runs when the result is supposed to be an inside run, and vice versa... I mean, I have my outside to inside ration at 2:1 for this game, but I am seeing what seems like a 2:1 Inside to outside ratio in this game.

It would really help if we could see the play calls in the replay... that would help us to figure things like this out much more easily.

You can see them in the play by play. But yes, I detailed a couple of plays that are designed as sweeps that were run into the inside consistently and those that looked like off tackle plays being run as sweeps.
Last edited at 10/02/2013 9:23 am

10/02/2013 9:31 am
The next update will have popup cards for plays accessible from the game log (I still want to add it to the game center but I kind of have a pretty long overhaul list for that so need to decide if putting it there now will flow into the overhaul or if it would be a waste of time because I'd have to do it again anyway) - detailing some useful information about the play and your usage of it. It's something I hope to be able to push by the end of the week. That will help identify if we have some inside runs that are marked as outside runs, which I think is the most likely culprit, or some outside running (like outside tackle runs) might be actually executing as inside tackle runs.