NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 2017 Week 4 Discussions

By oukjweather
5/03/2014 8:19 am
GG Phinsfan,

That was a defensive battle for the first portion of the game. I gave up way to many turnovers and penalties to win it though. Knew the game was not going to be in our favor when we let you get up by 2 possessions at the half. Good game.
Last edited at 5/03/2014 3:15 pm

By Phinsfan
5/03/2014 2:33 pm
oukjweather wrote:
GG Phinsfan,

That was a defensive battle for the first portion of the game. I gave up way to many turnovers and penalties to win it though. Knew the game was going to be in our favor when we let you get up by 2 possessions at the half. Good game.

GG oukjweather

Your D really shut down any running game for us so it's a good thing the Norris was able to pass very well. Turnovers definitely played in our favor.

One thing that I'm not sure if you noticed that I feel altered the outcome of the game or at least possible outcome of the game was some questionable game logic in the 4th qtr.

a 4th and 10 call for KC on their own 20, only down 8 with 9:30 to go in the 4th qtr. Resulted in a TD for us. We'll take it of course but don't think the engine logic was correct on that play and it really altered the "what may happen" of the game.

and another
an onside kick after a TD for KC. Only down 9 with 8 min to go in the 4th qtr

I'm going to submit these to JDB for a look see.

By oukjweather
5/03/2014 3:29 pm
Phinsfan wrote:
oukjweather wrote:
GG Phinsfan,

That was a defensive battle for the first portion of the game. I gave up way to many turnovers and penalties to win it though. Knew the game was going to be in our favor when we let you get up by 2 possessions at the half. Good game.

GG oukjweather

Your D really shut down any running game for us so it's a good thing the Norris was able to pass very well. Turnovers definitely played in our favor.

One thing that I'm not sure if you noticed that I feel altered the outcome of the game or at least possible outcome of the game was some questionable game logic in the 4th qtr.

a 4th and 10 call for KC on their own 20, only down 8 with 9:30 to go in the 4th qtr. Resulted in a TD for us. We'll take it of course but don't think the engine logic was correct on that play and it really altered the "what may happen" of the game.

and another
an onside kick after a TD for KC. Only down 9 with 8 min to go in the 4th qtr

I'm going to submit these to JDB for a look see.

I suspect that has to do with my settings. At that point in the game with my settings, my team would have entered hurry up. Now, I do wonder if the hurry up logic should account for being within a single possession, so 8 points instead of 7. Something that maybe should be considered. While I don't like the outcome of those plays, I do appreciate the boldness in it. I more so wish it had some better play calling during that sequence, but in fairness it boils down to players executing at a high level and my team wasn't doing that from the start. You don't have over a -2 turnover margin and win many games.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/05/2014 8:31 am
When you go into "hurry up," the following rules will apply:

* No runs (unless in field goal range and trying to push the clock down for the winning FG)
* Go for it on 4th down (unless deep in your own territory and down by more than 2 TD's)
* Onside kick

It's intended to be an aggressive come-from-behind-with-nothing-to-lose state, not really a "lets be a little bit more aggressive because we're starting to fall behind" state. I am in the process of creating an interface which will augment the existing game planning system that will give you the ability to define more specific control in any situation that you want. Time permitting, I hope to have it in MFN-1 for testing within the next couple of months. This should help game plan with the in-between situations where you need more finite control. I'll release more info as it gets more developed.