NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Free Agent Pool

By Gustoon
4/18/2016 5:10 am
Could we please find some free agents, maybe from the CFL or something as the only ones there are older than I am, and I'm really old.
I've got $80m in cap room and have nothing to spend it on.

Re: Free Agent Pool

By lellow2011
4/18/2016 6:05 am
Gustoon wrote:
Could we please find some free agents, maybe from the CFL or something as the only ones there are older than I am, and I'm really old.

Lol, I've got 62 mil in cap space but pretty much all of that is going towards draft picks.

By Gustoon
4/18/2016 7:09 am
lellow2011 wrote:
Gustoon wrote:

Lol, I've got 62 mil in cap space but pretty much all of that is going towards draft picks.

Need for Draft Picks: $27,397,467

By jsid
4/18/2016 10:33 am
Players need to be more expensive to resign. The players don't take advantage of their low supply/high demand. They should be asking for about 3x as much.

By ibblacklavender02
4/18/2016 1:15 pm
jsid wrote:
Players need to be more expensive to resign. The players don't take advantage of their low supply/high demand. They should be asking for about 3x as much.

+1

By mrfakename
4/18/2016 1:38 pm
jsid wrote:

It is one thing that is so far off. The numbers are there but a 2nd year 4th round 3rd string QB is one of the highest paid players on one of my teams. His original contract is too high and a 4th rounder would never receive such a large contract in the first place. While a 90 rated back averaging 200 yards from scrimmage and 2 TDs a game makes only a few more million.

In the NFL it is like 90 percent of the teams total money is wrapped up in 10 percent of the top players contracts . Maybe not to that extreme, but rookies seem way out of wack and top 5 year vets that are resigned are way too cheap.

Seeing that WR go for so much in FA 12 mil a year or something? Too much money floating around. Great 5 yrd vets should be receiving those contracts during the resign . The market should be reflective by being based off the prior years top FA recipients as a standard to go by.
Last edited at 4/18/2016 1:39 pm

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/18/2016 3:28 pm
The players do make their requests based on other players' salaries, but it does take several seasons for it to really have an effect because of the longer contracts that have existed at lower values. I don't know about you but in MFN-1 I had to start letting a few players go to FA last season.

I'm interested to see what the player opinion (still only in MFN-1) does to impact free agency and salaries as we enter the first season really where you might get blocked from re-signing some players if you have too much depth.