NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: 2025 Cowboy's Season in Review

By Mr.Krazy
1/22/2016 10:21 pm
Dallas, Texas- As the players took their personal belongings out of their lockers to wrap up the last meeting in the team facility, and begin for the off-season, some players were seen with disappointment as Dallas's growing success run came to a halt after finishing 3rd in the NFC East, narrowly missing the playoffs and will not participate in the playoff's for the 1st time in 2 years.

"Its a tough pill to swallow, knowing that things would be different if our record had 2 more W's" said All-Pro 4 year WLB Joshua Harris, who has had another outstanding year at his position. "Our team just didnt give 120% a couple of games and it really hurt our chances this year." A year where the QB competition again failed to produce a productive starter, as Shaffer again had to rely on the rushing attack, making 17 touchdowns and 24 interceptions, all while throwing for an average 3,553 yards on the season. With Dallas and crew looking for answers to what exactly happened during the season, owner Micheal "Mr.Krazy" Kenseth had one explanation... all on him.

"Really I didnt step in when I needed too. I didn't readjust to what was happening, didn't change our setup, all went wrong this season and it was all on me, I brought this team down". Kenseth said this season does shed some light for the future. "I will take this season by example and use it as a confidence builder in myself, and the team to better adjust to what is going on around us every game and what is and isn't working and how we can communicate and improve on that correctly".

The last game of the season ended on a high note as Dallas came back from a 1st half deficit to win their last game against a tough opponent in Morbid and his New England Patriots. Of all the big contributers in the last game, none was like the contribution RB Miguel Call gave. Miguel was listed at 2nd string RB behind Flores after coming back from an arm injury and rushed for an outstanding 72 yards on 4 carries and two touchdowns. Not only did he contribute in the running attack, but the receiving attack as well putting up the best receiving numbers for Dallas at 4 receptions for 141 yards and 2 scores including an 80 yard to the house. "He is and was the go to guy for scoring offensive touchdowns" said Kenseth as he was just as surprised as the rest of us with his gameplay. "When your listed as a 2nd string guy, but put up numbers like that when your slightly injured like that, it just makes you realize how much resilient and clutch a player like Miguel is. He's gonna be around here for a long time."

As we take a look at the stats for the Cowboys on the 2025 season, 1 player stands out above the rest as having not only the best year of his career, but possibly the best year at the Corner back position... 9 year All-Pro CB John Lieb. He had a explosive year gathering up a team high 121 tackles which also put him 3rd in the league in all position tackles. He also had 11 pass knockdowns and was the league's best ball hawk intercepting a league high 11 passes and returned 1 for a TD. Roy Thomas also turned some heads at CB this season, capturing 5 interceptions in only his 2nd season. And age has proven to not matter if your a Cowboy as DE Michael Adams had another successful year, getting a team high 17 sacks in what may have been his final year as a Cowboy.

Offensively, the Cowboys were average with QB Michael Shaffer throwing for 3,553 yards in 14 games with 17 touchdowns and 24 interceptions with a below average QB rating of 69.64.
RB Miguel Call lead the team in rushing yards, even with an injury-riddled year he rushed for 1,319 yards on 215 carries with an astounding 15 touchdowns on the season. In the receiving game, 12 year pro Barry Coleman again led the teams in receptions and yards, surpassing the 1,000 yard mark on the season with 1,144 yards on 79 receptions and 7 TD's in what may be his last year in an MFN uniform, having contemplating retirement. Rookie receiver Kevin Miller lived up to his hype with a successful rookie campaign catching the ball 48 times for 903 yards, being 2nd on the team in receptions, despite missing a few games due to injuries. Another rookie stand out was undrafted rookie pickup TE Clifton Richard who led the team in Tight End yards with 303 yards on 38 receptions.

Special Teams wise, WR John Berends had yet another outstanding year at PR, taking 56 punts for 1,417 yards and 7 Touchdowns. Rookie receiver Kevin Miller took Kick return duties as he returned the ball 14 times for 418 yards for a 30 yard average. Not a bad year at all for the rook. K Paul Mitchell was 82% on the year for Dallas making 34/41 field goals while P Tommy Sorrells punted 83 times for 3,691 yards with 16 of those punts inside the 20.

With the team looking forward to the 2026 season, the coaches and owner Micheal Kenseth must make the decisions on who to keep, who to let walk, who to look after going into FA, and what the team will need, depending on who retires after the season is over. We here at the Dallas Cowboys will inform you of what's going on here in Dallas as we look ahead to a fresh start in the 2026 season, but first comes the offseason.

Last edited at 1/22/2016 10:34 pm

By RLWJR
1/23/2016 12:23 am
All I have to say is........ Nicholas Bolin.

By Mr.Krazy
1/23/2016 1:17 am
All I have to say is... **** lol. He never fit in my system for some reason anyways, glad your having success with him.

Good luck in the playoffs.

By RLWJR
1/23/2016 1:36 am
He apparently needed the right system...... He'll be retiring with Jax..... LOL.

Thanks for the luck, with the way Miami looks, and the Jets always look, I have my work cut out for me.

By ibblacklavender02
1/23/2016 5:22 am
RLWJR wrote:

I remember that trade.....I offered him a better deal than Cin(2nd pick compared to a 3rd & 6th) and he never took it! At least I thought it was a better deal....

By Black Adder
1/23/2016 5:58 am
Excellent write up Mr K,glad to see you back,the Cowboys and MFN1 missed you.

By jsid
1/24/2016 2:28 am
ibblacklavender02 wrote:
RLWJR wrote:

I remember that trade.....I offered him a better deal than Cin(2nd pick compared to a 3rd & 6th) and he never took it! At least I thought it was a better deal....

What a crazy couple of hours that was for me lol

By DarkRogue
1/28/2016 1:11 pm
The original Bolin to Dallas trade also lead to Cincinatti Drafting this guy http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/10355 in last seasons draft.

I was going to use my first rounder in 2024 on a QB regardless so for a QB that was going to ride the pine in cinci I got 1367 yards and 8 TDs this season and a guy on that is still improving on his future potential. Although in hindsight I should've gone DE in 2024 with the 6th overall pick and gotten a 2nd or 3rd round QB.
Last edited at 1/28/2016 1:14 pm