NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Updates

By raymattison21
1/10/2017 10:22 am
Run blocking was too strong...almost no broken tackles but huge averages

PaSS blocking ...too strong...how can a blitzing lb be good at sacking then he becomes bad at sacking when at DE? Constant middle pressure making inverted pockets and dozens 6 plus second QB reads . ..which are too slow ..

Zone....on numerous plays both sides there were poor reads.....mostly involving the deeper zones left open, and alot of short pass plays have the D in a zone where guys are bunched do to poor reads and still the QB misses the short guy to throw it to the covered deep guy or vice versa...

Intelligence . ..catch overs all day long? .IDK what causing this but my opponent threw 22 incompletions. Or my defense forced 22 incompletions......why would over half of those passes be knocked down by my defenders? So in my mind every guy is covered every play and there is a 60 % chance of them catching it or my defenders knocking it down the other 20 % and all other possibilities fall in to that last 20 %.

Play abuse....it's rough to watch and most likely the culprit of everything I described above. I enjoyed the first quarter , but after that the game goes nuts! Lower to the level of last season and let guys spam plays again under these other newer changes....

Re: Updates

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/10/2017 1:56 pm
Are there any other comments on the play abuse? I've seen some interesting debate, do I need to turn it down/make it take longer to be activated?

I've got some updates to LB play in testing that I hope will get released before the next game. Looking also at the running game to bring it back to earth, and at seeing why DT's are getting more pressure on the QB than DEs.

By CCSAHARA
1/10/2017 6:30 pm
I think the game is better now than it was. If things get tweaked we need to know what it is. Still think it will take time to actually see the real effect on blocking. Hasn’t done much for the NY Giants run game but my RB are below avg at best running downhill with a tail wind.

By setherick
1/10/2017 7:00 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Are there any other comments on the play abuse? I've seen some interesting debate, do I need to turn it down/make it take longer to be activated?

I've got some updates to LB play in testing that I hope will get released before the next game. Looking also at the running game to bring it back to earth, and at seeing why DT's are getting more pressure on the QB than DEs.

What are the LB tweaks so we know what to look for.

By Mr.Krazy
1/10/2017 10:44 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Zone....on numerous plays both sides there were poor reads.....mostly involving the deeper zones left open, and alot of short pass plays have the D in a zone where guys are bunched do to poor reads and still the QB misses the short guy to throw it to the covered deep guy or vice versa...

Here's one such example from my game against Atlanta https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5876#1057466 Had a 4 deep zone with 3 players covering 1 player running a streak. The receiver runs past the designated deep zone and completes an easy catch against 3 guys.

You would think since its deep zone coverage, the player playing the deepest zone would at least pursue outside of his zone.

1/11/2017 6:57 am
Mr.Krazy wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Here's one such example from my game against Atlanta https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/5876#1057466 Had a 4 deep zone with 3 players covering 1 player running a streak. The receiver runs past the designated deep zone and completes an easy catch against 3 guys.

You would think since its deep zone coverage, the player playing the deepest zone would at least pursue outside of his zone.

Yeah, something went wrong there. Thanks for the report.

1/11/2017 6:58 am
setherick wrote:
What are the LB tweaks so we know what to look for.

LB should stay back longer before pursuing the RB. Still testing it, though, I'll let you know if it gets stable enough to try out tonight.

By WarEagle
1/13/2017 10:18 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Are there any other comments on the play abuse?

There should be a significant penalty for teams that run the wildly popular (and successful) blitz 2 or more players every down defense (I am much more concerned about this than other non blitz defenses such as man cover 2, or any offensive play abuse I have seen, unless it's the same play every down).

If that takes applying such a negative to the D that the offense will most likely get a TD every time they face it (after the threshold), I'm fine with that.

If that is removing those plays from the playbook after the threshold has been reached, I'm fine with that too.

It would be ok with me if the penalties were removed for every play other than those that blitz 2 or more players.

Whatever it takes to get rid of this type of playcalling I am fine with.

I am not fine with another version of MFN being released where people are still able to run this type of defense and be successful.

I would be very curious to know if any championships have been won recently by someone facing one of these owners (who is not ALSO doing this).

Usually when I face one of them I don't even bother gameplanning. I just take my L and move on.

1/13/2017 10:22 am
WarEagle wrote:
There should be a significant penalty for teams that run the wildly popular (and successful) blitz 2 or more players every down defense (I am much more concerned about this than other non blitz defenses such as man cover 2, or any offensive play abuse I have seen, unless it's the same play every down).

That's an interesting idea. I might give that a whirl.

By JCSwishMan33
1/13/2017 10:48 am
If you go back and look at my most recent game (against Jersey), all I tried to have in my playbook were blitz packages.

My single Blitz 2+ play got used once (for 2.6 avg).
My Blitz 2 plays (8 of them) were 50-50... Half averaged less than 3 yards, half went for more than 6.
Both my Blitz 1 plays got gashed for over 14 yards average.

I also had a few safety / corner blitzes in, and those were a mixed bag as well. About half were solid for a 2 or less average, half were over 12 yards average... I had my SS Blitz run once for an over 80 yard average. -.-

So... I know it's one game, but it was a purpose built gameplan: Heavy on the blitz, and only one pass play on offense. Heavy blitzing doesn't seem as effective to me as NJ was able to put up over 30 points.