NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Retirements

By Tecra031
11/10/2014 8:45 am
I was a bit surprised when looking at my transactions this morning. I fully expected my 13 year vet RDE to retire after last season, but instead, my year 8 98/98 SS retires at 30. I know you can't really predict a retirement age, but what's the process for determining when they retire? Or is it just random? A 30 year old 98/98 will have a large contract at that point, making it hurt the cap when they retire. Perhaps some decline in ratings to indicate they are on their way out or some indicator?

Re: Retirements

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/10/2014 9:54 am
The logic right now has them begin the probability at a certain age based on position, and the older they are the more the probability. But your point is valid, I probably need to make them aware of their attribute trending as well.

By Morbid
11/10/2014 10:13 am
Yeah, I lost a HB also the same way. Cant remember how long he had been in league but believe it was 8 years or under. Was only in 80's

By Tecra031
11/10/2014 10:25 am
I actually just did a quick scan of the retirements, a large majority of them seem to be 30 and under, probably over 90% from what I could see. I saw a bunch of 26 and 27 year old players on that list as well. Yes I am a little bothered at losing one of my best defensive players due to early retirement, but the logic doesn't seem to make sense.

11/10/2014 10:29 am
Tecra031 wrote:
I actually just did a quick scan of the retirements, a large majority of them seem to be 30 and under, probably over 90% from what I could see. I saw a bunch of 26 and 27 year old players on that list as well. Yes I am a little bothered at losing one of my best defensive players due to early retirement, but the logic doesn't seem to make sense.

Some of those young guys haven't played for a few years - that does come into play, the probability increases if they haven't been on a team for two years.

11/10/2014 10:31 am
Another trigger serious injuries - while the injuries themselves don't have a long term impact on the player's attributes, if a player has had more than 3 serious injuries in their career their retirement probability begins to increase.

By Morbid
11/10/2014 10:43 am
That could have been the case with my HB as he went down a couple times during season and actually had a serious one at start of season as thats why I went after another HB in trade

By Wolfpack
11/10/2014 10:03 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
Another trigger serious injuries - while the injuries themselves don't have a long term impact on the player's attributes, if a player has had more than 3 serious injuries in their career their retirement probability begins to increase.

Good to know….that explains some retirements that I've had.

By WarEagle
11/11/2014 11:15 am
I have a suggestion.

It would be nice if we could view a player's injury history, at least major injuries.

If injuries have an impact on when a player might retire, it would be good to view this info when deciding if I want to go after an aging Free Agent.

Just an idea.

11/11/2014 11:18 am
WarEagle wrote:
I have a suggestion.

It would be nice if we could view a player's injury history, at least major injuries.

If injuries have an impact on when a player might retire, it would be good to view this info when deciding if I want to go after an aging Free Agent.

Just an idea.

You can - go to the player's page and look under transactions. You can edit the filter to just show injuries if you'd like. (Transactions are basically a log of everything that has happened with the player)