NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat

Version 0.4.1 RC 4

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/04/2017 2:49 pm
Pushed some new hot read code for tonight's game to combat the blitz, I'm actually pretty pleased with the limited testing. Curious to see how WarEagle's blitzes fare this week. Basically I've complicated the decision for who the hot read is to take advantage of an uncovered receiver/no deep zone help.

Re: Version 0.4.1 RC 4

By WarEagle
4/05/2017 8:04 pm
My last game wasn't a good test for anything passing related. My opponent only threw the ball 9 times for 4 completions.

1 was an outlet to the back who scampered through some defenders and sprinted for a 99 yard TD.

Another was the same type of play to a TE for 54 yds.

The other two were a 2 yd completion and a -4 yard completion.

I did notice a lot of the hot reads seemed to be thrown to backs/te who were in the middle of defenders yards behind the line, always resulting in a negative yardage play or incomplete pass.

Re: Version 0.4.1 RC 4

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/06/2017 8:19 am
WarEagle wrote:
I did notice a lot of the hot reads seemed to be thrown to backs/te who were in the middle of defenders yards behind the line, always resulting in a negative yardage play or incomplete pass.

I saw that too, the hot read was getting thrown to the back who was blocking. I've pushed an update in RC 5 to fix that. I also mentioned in that thread that I hope that the QB throwing to a blocking RB or FB is gone, but if anyone sees that happen please link to the play.