NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - General MFN Discussion

Passing Accuracy

By setherick
5/26/2016 7:29 am
I saw this in the MFN-1 thread on passing changes, which I've been following out of interest. Does the bolded comment below apply to all leagues right now or just to MFN-1?

Here are the factors that influence QB accuracy:

1) their accuracy rating (duh)
2) experience and fatigue
3) if the QB is moving, their scramble skill (the faster they are moving, the more their scramble skill comes into play)
4) the distance the ball is being thrown - further distances have less accuracy. This is the only tweak I made recently, previously there was no distance penalty for passes shorter than 15 yards, I changed that because too many bad QB's were playing like superstars with the short passing game. It's possible this still needs to be tweaked.
5) Pressure from the defensive line

Re: Passing Accuracy

By ibblacklavender02
5/26/2016 7:35 am
Only in MNF1 as of now! MNF1 is the test league.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
5/26/2016 8:31 am
setherick wrote:
I saw this in the MFN-1 thread on passing changes, which I've been following out of interest. Does the bolded comment below apply to all leagues right now or just to MFN-1?

Here are the factors that influence QB accuracy:

1) their accuracy rating (duh)
2) experience and fatigue
3) if the QB is moving, their scramble skill (the faster they are moving, the more their scramble skill comes into play)
4) the distance the ball is being thrown - further distances have less accuracy. This is the only tweak I made recently, previously there was no distance penalty for passes shorter than 15 yards, I changed that because too many bad QB's were playing like superstars with the short passing game. It's possible this still needs to be tweaked.
5) Pressure from the defensive line

Those factors have always impacted accuracy, but the algorithm is different in MFN-1 than the other leagues because it's a point of emphasis in the game engine right now. Note that #4 is currently the only change that was made as of this post.

By King of Bling
5/26/2016 9:26 am
Passing is a bit too amped IMO

By dei1c3
5/28/2016 3:28 pm
4) the distance the ball is being thrown - further distances have less accuracy.

Is this absolute distance or is relative to a QB's Arm Strength?

By Brrexkl
5/28/2016 5:06 pm
I have a 91/92 at QB right now.

He's not as good as I'd expect, but that might be a condition of my WRs.

He still holds on way to long, giving up Sacks that don't equate to Sack Allowed for OL, but that's a different topic.

By TAFIV
5/28/2016 5:07 pm
arm strength affects the distance a QB can pass and the speed of the ball during a pass not accuracy

5/29/2016 1:51 pm
dei1c3 wrote:
4) the distance the ball is being thrown - further distances have less accuracy.

The 'target' position is calculated based on his arm strength, then the accuracy to that point is impacted by his accuracy with a reduction in accuracy based on distance.

By setherick
5/29/2016 1:57 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
dei1c3 wrote:

The 'target' position is calculated based on his arm strength, then the accuracy to that point is impacted by his accuracy with a reduction in accuracy based on distance.

Does this mean a QB with a weak arm is going to treat some medium passes as long?

5/30/2016 3:29 pm
setherick wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
dei1c3 wrote:

Does this mean a QB with a weak arm is going to treat some medium passes as long?

No, but if may mean that his long passes come up short - but more often the DBs will have more time to react to the lower velocity passes.