NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - Suggestion Box

Automation

By WarEagle
4/06/2015 10:20 am
To show how much I think about MFN, I just booked my family on a cruise the first week of July.

One of the first things I thought of was "what's going to happen to my teams while I'm gone for a week"?

That leads me to this suggestion:

I think it would be great if we could set certain aspects of our gameplans, etc., to be run by the AI automatically.

For example:
I could set the AI to handle scouting offense/defense and a few other items, but not to make changes to my depth chart.

Although, it would be even better if we could tell the AI to make depth chart adjustments if needed due to injuries, such as bench players where injury status is => than questionable.

I think at a minimum it would be helpful to just have a check box for "I'm away, have AI handle everything". I wouldn't want the AI to cut/sign players (unless it was during the off-season) though.

On a related note, it would be very helpful if we could weight the values (Cur or Max) used to rank players by the AI in the draft. I know this has been discussed and is "on the list".

Thanks

Re: Automation

By Tecra031
4/06/2015 10:29 am
That's a great idea

By parsh
4/06/2015 10:50 am
WarEagle wrote:
To show how much I think about MFN, I just booked my family on a cruise the first week of July.

and I thought JDB was invited ... lol

By WarEagle
4/06/2015 11:03 am
parsh wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

and I thought JDB was invited ... lol

Ha. We might have a deal if he could show me how to predict busts/booms!

By Gustoon
4/06/2015 12:20 pm
Starting to look and sound A LOT like GLB, go play there, that's how they roll.

What attracted me to this game was the simplicity and ease on which its based. It seems (I'm guilty too) that slowly more and more stuff is getting asked for that complicate the game. All I'd like is that the games sim correctly and we have as even a playing field as possible.
Being able to gameplan for hours should not be an advantage, but looks like it is.
Not my game and frankly any similarity to GLB puts me off.

By WarEagle
4/06/2015 12:27 pm
I don't know what GLB is. This is the first online football game I've played.

If putting in effort didn't help managing your team, it would all just be luck.

I don't think I would like it if someone who just randomly drops in here and there to spend 5 minutes every few games could have a team that could compete for a championship regularly.

Last edited at 4/06/2015 12:28 pm

By Gustoon
4/06/2015 12:33 pm
WarEagle wrote:

I don't think I would like it if someone who just randomly drops in here and there to spend 5 minutes every few games could have a team that could compete for a championship regularly.

I'm not about to post links to another site , sorry

Just had a similar convo in PMs, so......

....this game is about being an owner, not a GM, OC, DC or anything else, unless you're Jerry Jones everything else..... This is what attracted me in the first place, it was all about the players you draft and the coaches you hire who do the job you pay them for. That is where the games should be won or lost, if you want to play your own AI, go play GLB ha ha. Thats what that game is about and it is so complicated now you need hours to be effective.
I work full time and have 6 kids between my ex wife and girlfriend, I love this game but if it starts taking up **** loads of my time and I don't stand a chance of ever making the POs, then I'm outta here.

By Gustoon
4/06/2015 12:36 pm
WarEagle wrote:

Check out my Arizona team in MFN1, THAT is exactly what I do. The only real time I've spent on it was sorting out the cap ****, and shite state the team was left in by the previous owner. I was going to do a one and done on the team, but have had more success than I could have hoped for, but other than that, I log in, set tactics and am gone...5 mins. Won my Div this season ;)

By martinwarnett
4/06/2015 12:52 pm
I'd agree that for any long term success for the game, it needs to attract and retain casual players. If you want to do the GM thing only, then great - your coaches should be able to so reasonable jobs based upon their skills.

On the other hand, if somebody wants to play the game in a hardcore manner, micromanaging everything then so be it - after all there's no guarantee their changes will work as they expect.

Personally, my view is if you do micromanage then you should have a greater expectation of success IF and only IF you do things optimally.

By mrfakename
4/06/2015 3:33 pm
I play another game that has decent AI options. More competitive leagues detailing playbooks is almost required to win a superbowl. There you have to pay to compete with the best. Here at least it is a level field. That is what I like about the game.

Playing for a season and a half I feel the game is quite easy to pick up. Certian things baffle me, mostly cosmetic, but overall having football knowledge is key. The learning curve here is not to difficult, but relying on the AI might cost you.

I was looking for a game to be deticated to. So, I have no perpestive of casual playing. But, I feel there is an importance for casual playing to to ensure longevity. Still, I think this game has a great chance to stay around for awhile. I think the level playing field is what seperates this game from the other I play. And that one has been around since 2008. Maybe thats bias because these 2 are the only football games I play.