NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/17/2016 9:44 am
Buffalo sends:
John Begley (QB)
2031 Round 3
2032 Round 1

Cincinnati sends:
Mitchel Reece (QB)


(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By chinaski
10/17/2016 11:27 am
Wow, what a steal.

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By lellow2011
10/17/2016 12:38 pm
chinaski wrote:
Wow, what a steal.


Reece wasn't really performing the way I would have liked. I feel pretty good about a 1 and a 3 for him tbh.

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By Beercloud
10/17/2016 6:00 pm
I like the trade for both teams.

I also have a QB like that. Has all the ratings in the world but doesn't seem to produce like he should. Kinda like Jay Cutler..................Oh god, I have a Jay Cutler. :(
Last edited at 10/17/2016 6:01 pm

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By setherick
10/17/2016 6:25 pm
Reece has 2500 pass attempts for his career. I thought I read JDB say somewhere that number of QB reps adversely affects their game play, which to me makes no sense since QBs improve with reps for the most part. It's only after an elite QB has played say 13 or 14 years that his physical skills degrade so much that his mental skills can't compensate. So unless every QB is a flash in the pan, I don't understand why elite on paper QBs don't perform well after year 5 or 6 in this game. (Unless of course, it's an allocation draft QB, and then old guys shine the first few years in the league.)

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/17/2016 8:53 pm
setherick wrote:
I thought I read JDB say somewhere that number of QB reps adversely affects their game play, which to me makes no sense since QBs improve with reps for the most part.


This is only during a single game as a QB gets tired. I do intend to expand that to the season (with a 'tired' attribute) but it would be reset at the beginning of each season.

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By lellow2011
10/21/2016 4:30 am
So in Donald Lane's first full start (last game doesn't count imo with the game plans getting hosed)

20/29, 300 yards, 0 sacks taken, 3 TDs and 1 int. The only thing I can think of is that he's a better scrambler and much faster.

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By setherick
10/21/2016 7:30 am
lellow2011 wrote:
So in Donald Lane's first full start (last game doesn't count imo with the game plans getting hosed)

20/29, 300 yards, 0 sacks taken, 3 TDs and 1 int. The only thing I can think of is that he's a better scrambler and much faster.


Well, as you well know, Scrambling is Accuracy because QBs are always underpressure and a QB underpressure uses Scrambling as his Accuracy attribute or, at least, a major modifier to it. A QB with 100 Scramble and 50 Accuracy should perform as well in the current code, if not better, than a QB with 100 Accuracy and 50 Scramble. I would like to see automatic testing data that would show me otherwise.

It's one of the problems with stacking attributes that this game currently has. Other problems I've seen are Speed+Break Tackle vs Tackling and Courage+Pass Catching vs Punish. I'm terrified when I see my 100 Courage and 70 Catch WR wide open because I know he's going to drop it. But if he's triple covered with a bum knee, he'll catch it every time.
Last edited at 10/21/2016 7:34 am

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By raymattison21
10/21/2016 9:17 am
setherick wrote:
lellow2011 wrote:
So in Donald Lane's first full start (last game doesn't count imo with the game plans getting hosed)

20/29, 300 yards, 0 sacks taken, 3 TDs and 1 int. The only thing I can think of is that he's a better scrambler and much faster.


Well, as you well know, Scrambling is Accuracy because QBs are always underpressure and a QB underpressure uses Scrambling as his Accuracy attribute or, at least, a major modifier to it. A QB with 100 Scramble and 50 Accuracy should perform as well in the current code, if not better, than a QB with 100 Accuracy and 50 Scramble. I would like to see automatic testing data that would show me otherwise.

It's one of the problems with stacking attributes that this game currently has. Other problems I've seen are Speed+Break Tackle vs Tackling and Courage+Pass Catching vs Punish. I'm terrified when I see my 100 Courage and 70 Catch WR wide open because I know he's going to drop it. But if he's triple covered with a bum knee, he'll catch it every time.



My QB Shelton is 80 pass acuraccy and 44 scramble. Hes my Farve, but i manage him better?

There was another guy i cut last year, but Tampa had the guts to start him for half a season. When he faced me i was suprised but the pieces were not there for Tampa.

He had 43 pass acuraccy and 87scramble. I think a big driver in those catch overs is QB pass acuraccy.

My CB1 gets an INT or KD or catch over or penalty. When in single coverage. Where more often then not a pass traveling 30 yard or more in the air is just off target for both to gain any stat.

Still, opponents lose but the CB1 let up seven catches and 150 yards. Half coming after the catch. Almost every game vs. a legit WR1.


I am looking foward to the DB/WR interaction code being looked at. Same as line. Perhaps physical ratings are not taken into account.

No 6'7 TEs with no speed leading the league in catching. Wesly Walls any one. He had some pass couragd. Jay Noveck. I am waiting for the chance to apply my alltime favorite TE scheme. The way Pitt used to use Eric Green.

Julio who? Megatron what? Im bored....

5"11 LB or SS might not fair so well vs. a big guy tall guy. No matter any other rating.

On a possible related note, my weak DBs have been blocked in to the stands on multipule occasions. Player size/STG is really messed up, and alot of other things will change or better change as an cause and effect thing. This is base code and small players is the way to go.

Cause there is no way high strength WR with average Run block should "stalk" block a CB with average STG and 100 run defense, backward 30 yards out of the play and
up into the stands.

Hopefully, with the right values in place something great will come out of this change. This discrepency of size/ weight was top five major code flaws with this game.

From two years ago till now. The only ones left might be this and the WR/DB thing. Which i hope affects all recievers as size matter little there too.

Nothing is perfect yet, but i feel the right area are finally being looked at. And as these are tightened. Whats next? Thats the fun....i guess....

Re: Completed Trade: Buffalo and Cincinnati

By lellow2011
10/26/2016 9:14 am
Apparently I just suck at getting slow QBs to perform :/