NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Gameplan ?

By CCSAHARA
11/09/2016 7:05 pm
Looking for some incite. If a game plan is designed to be pass heavy in all situations why do the pass attempts and rush attempts come out basically equal? And why in 2nd and 3rd long situations with both being extremely pass planned, why does the AI run the ball?

Re: Gameplan ?

By punisher
11/09/2016 8:28 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
Looking for some incite. If a game plan is designed to be pass heavy in all situations why do the pass attempts and rush attempts come out basically equal? And why in 2nd and 3rd long situations with both being extremely pass planned, why does the AI run the ball?

well probably wont answer your question but it seems it doesnt matter how your game plan is set up because the computer will basically do what it wants in your games.

Btw if JDB sees this that is something else you need to fix.

Either make it where we set it up and it does what we want or else get rid of the gameplan , rules , etc. that have something to do with the gameplan and we just go by what the computer choices

Make like a override system where we can override what the computer wants to do.
Make our gameplan,rules,etc. everything else in gameplan do what we have set up.
Make like a system where we can tell how we want our team to play.
Etc.

Also please and thank you JDB for anything you do or change to make the gameplan better.

thanks
punisher

By Tecra031
11/09/2016 10:43 pm
Just turn off all runs on 2nd or 3rd and long and you won't run in those situations anymore. If you leave any run % as an option, then the AI may still pick it. I have turned off either a pass or run in certain situations and the AI doesn't do it.

By Beercloud
11/10/2016 1:43 am
do our coaches override some of the gameplan as needed?

Example: if somebody is spamming all running plays in their gameplan and they get down by say 2-3 TD's in the 4th quarter will the coach override the game plan at some point?

By lellow2011
11/10/2016 2:24 am
Beercloud wrote:
do our coaches override some of the gameplan as needed?

Example: if somebody is spamming all running plays in their gameplan and they get down by say 2-3 TD's in the 4th quarter will the coach override the game plan at some point?

It should only override their normal gameplan when they get into the hurry up offense.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/10/2016 9:30 am
CCSAHARA wrote:

They shouldn't come out equal if you indeed have a gameplan set up as you describe - you are referring to the long pass/medium pass/short pass/inside run/outside run distribution?

By RLWJR
11/10/2016 9:07 pm
punisher wrote:
CCSAHARA wrote:

well probably wont answer your question but it seems it doesnt matter how your game plan is set up because the computer will basically do what it wants in your games.

Btw if JDB sees this that is something else you need to fix.

Either make it where we set it up and it does what we want or else get rid of the gameplan , rules , etc. that have something to do with the gameplan and we just go by what the computer choices

Make like a override system where we can override what the computer wants to do.
Make our gameplan,rules,etc. everything else in gameplan do what we have set up.
Make like a system where we can tell how we want our team to play.
Etc.

Also please and thank you JDB for anything you do or change to make the gameplan better.

thanks
punisher

Honestly, I really don't know what you guys are talking about here. I set up my gameplans, and with the exception of late in the halves, I can't point to anywhere that the AI blatantly left my gameplan.

Are there times I wish the RNG would have selected a Pass instead of a Run? Yes, most definately.

Does this mean something is broken and needs fixed? No.

Are there situations where I'm set up to Pass 90% of the time and Run 10%, and the last 2-3 times I was in that situation I was dealt a Run play? Yes.

Is the AI in these situation just screwing me and doing whatever it wants? No...... But I probably don't need to play the lottery that day either.

Right now, it sounds like you guys are "speculating" that something is broken, without any solid input as evidence, and then practically demanding that it be fixed. When people claim something is broken, without any INSIGHT as to why they believe it is broken, tends to INCITE me to start ranting........

By CCSAHARA
11/11/2016 12:08 am
I would say that across the board it is at about a 65 pass 35 run ratio. Have run basically the same game plan for several games in 2 different leagues and it comes out just a tad over 50-50. I have noticed that say in a 2nd and long it may run but there is a penalty on me, and then runs again. Just wondering not bitching, have had time this season to really work on game planning and I think it has paid some dividends. Didn't think NY would win more then 5 this season. Probably would help if I got rid of my Jay Cutler reincarnation QB.

By raymattison21
11/11/2016 10:07 am
Really to get a play call there are few factors.

Game play adjustment

Hurry up

Slow down

The roll or RNG ( is that what you call that. ?)

So, to me all those and time score...where you at on the feild...and luck calls plays.

I am assuming that my similar results to CCSAHARA were due to a combo of those.

The calculations involved boogie my mind to do them in my head to get a desired result.

The latest change was of a depiction of what plays would be called.

Under either system the lower my settings are for game play adjustment , hurry up , and slow, a more accurate depiction of my plan was called.

Either way I still feel there is a hide driver we should get to adjust....I I just haven't put my finger on it yet.

Or can the game play adjustment be reset if there's a penalty ? The probability of two runs in a row on 2nd and long is there but twice...perhaps the penalty had an effect? Long can get longer...

Maybe not a fix is in order, bUT a worthy discussion is here..

We are setting stuff but why?

Perhaps have a visual of what ranges the gameplay is calling plays from?

Is medium a 6.78 or a 13.32 on that first holding call, and after did it drop to an 8.85 and really it was a long call that made the second run call? That probability is more likely is both were at run/pass ratio than than two long running calls back to back....what happened?