NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Crazy First Games

By nidd
12/20/2016 4:48 am
What happened with all these very high scoring games...
Am i dreaming or is it the future???

Re: Crazy First Games

By lellow2011
12/20/2016 4:53 am
nidd wrote:
What happened with all these very high scoring games...
Am i dreaming or is it the future???

Cinci vs Washington seems to be the craziest, I haven't really watched the game yet though.

By martinwarnett
12/20/2016 6:49 am
Utterly ridiculous.

Seems like defences can't stop the run.

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 6:55 am
martinwarnett wrote:
Utterly ridiculous.

I'm not sure if it was that, or the penalty applied for calling the same play over and over. Or maybe playing a CB at DE is not such a good idea anymore? Or all of the above.

I gave up a lot of rushing yards (and had them too). It seemed like it went like: 2yds, -1yds, 3yds, 75yds. That scenario repeated itself a lot. At least that's how it felt watching the game.

I'm going back to a balanced playbook. I'm curious if I'll have better luck on D calling a better mix of plays.
Last edited at 12/20/2016 6:56 am

By setherick
12/20/2016 7:31 am
WarEagle wrote:
martinwarnett wrote:
Utterly ridiculous.

I'm not sure if it was that, or the penalty applied for calling the same play over and over. Or maybe playing a CB at DE is not such a good idea anymore? Or all of the above.

I gave up a lot of rushing yards (and had them too). It seemed like it went like: 2yds, -1yds, 3yds, 75yds. That scenario repeated itself a lot. At least that's how it felt watching the game.

I'm going back to a balanced playbook. I'm curious if I'll have better luck on D calling a better mix of plays.

All of the above. And bad tackling will now be more apparent as QBs hit receivers more reliably.

I have a mix of plays that my defense can call including multiple specialty plays like CB blitzes, and I was still getting dinged by the end of that game for overcalling plays. I need to check my matrix, but it felt excessive.
Last edited at 12/20/2016 7:35 am

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 8:35 am
setherick wrote:

I have a mix of plays that my defense can call including multiple specialty plays like CB blitzes, and I was still getting dinged by the end of that game for overcalling plays. I need to check my matrix, but it felt excessive.

Do you mean you were "dinged" for plays you called less than 5 times?

By Tecra031
12/20/2016 8:35 am
This last round of changes seriously broke running. I was scanning through the games and RBs ran wild in almost every game. The averages per run were insane as well, with most RBs at 10+ per carry and several over 20+. The Cin/Was game had over 900 yds rushing and almost 2500 total yards! Even the "lower" scoring GB/Det game had over 600 yds.

Not sure which update caused it, but can we revert back and dial this one up slowly?

By Wolfpack
12/20/2016 8:43 am
I started getting the defensive penalty in the 1st quarter then the everything opened up and gave up close to 500 yards I think. My offensive pretty much matched that as well. Couldn't stop the run to save my life.

By WarEagle
12/20/2016 8:46 am
I'm curious to know if all these yards were put up against defensive plays that were "overused", as was the case for my defense, or if they were put up against defensive plays that were only called a few times?

If the former, I'm cool with it. It's my fault for having such limited playcalling on D.

If the latter, then it would need to be addressed.

Last edited at 12/20/2016 8:46 am

By Tecra031
12/20/2016 8:48 am
Wolfpack wrote:
I started getting the defensive penalty in the 1st quarter then the everything opened up and gave up close to 500 yards I think. My offensive pretty much matched that as well. Couldn't stop the run to save my life.

I saw the messages for myself and TB all game long as well, both on O and D