NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2 point conversion

By ZootMurph
9/18/2013 6:06 am
We score a TD with 4 minutes left in the game, giving us a 23-19 lead. Why do we go for 2 rather than just kicking the PAT? I think we should have something allowing us to choose when we will go for a 2 point conversion.

On another note... I'd like to see some ability to choose when we go for it on 4th down. Like, if my kicker gets hurt and it's 4th and anything from the opponent's 30, I don't want my P or MLB to come in to try a 47 yard FG... just go for it on 4th down. I'm also a gambling coach, and would go for it on 4th and inches every time, and 4th and 1 most of the time... that's not even a choice now.

Re: 2 point conversion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/18/2013 6:51 am
ZootMurph wrote:
We score a TD with 4 minutes left in the game, giving us a 23-19 lead. Why do we go for 2 rather than just kicking the PAT? I think we should have something allowing us to choose when we will go for a 2 point conversion.

On another note... I'd like to see some ability to choose when we go for it on 4th down. Like, if my kicker gets hurt and it's 4th and anything from the opponent's 30, I don't want my P or MLB to come in to try a 47 yard FG... just go for it on 4th down. I'm also a gambling coach, and would go for it on 4th and inches every time, and 4th and 1 most of the time... that's not even a choice now.

The 2-point conversion logic is using this chart:

http://www.theredzone.org/Features/TwoPointConversionChart.aspx

For the 4th down going for it, that's definitely on the 0.2 road map. I'm looking forward to getting started on that because there are a ton of great ideas for the game planning that you guys have given me.

By ZootMurph
9/18/2013 7:43 am
I think the chart is missing the time aspect. For example, there is no coach in the NFL that will go for two up by 4 with 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter. I also disagree with the chart in general and would prefer to make my own choices in regards to 2 point conversions, both by time and score :)

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/18/2013 8:46 am
ZootMurph wrote:
I think the chart is missing the time aspect. For example, there is no coach in the NFL that will go for two up by 4 with 5 minutes left in the 1st quarter. I also disagree with the chart in general and would prefer to make my own choices in regards to 2 point conversions, both by time and score :)

The chart only applies in the 4th quarter, but I see your point about having control over that. I'll add a ticket, that wouldn't be a bad feature.