NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 6 Discussion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/23/2013 6:40 am
Wow, it's amazing what will happen if you don't give the other team the ball all game long. Today we became the defense that takes the ball away, and although the San Diego offense showed signs of potential explosion we managed to keep them in check for most of the game. GG, Jason.

Re: Week 6 Discussion

By nero
9/23/2013 6:55 am
You can say that again, we registered 6 picks against Kansas City, with Lemaster now totaling 4 in his last 3 games.

We opened up the offense a bit which might have actually slowed us down but we're willing to let it ride as our defense is playing amazing football right now totaling more takeaways than points allowed in the last 2 games (10 to 9).

GG KC.

By ZootMurph
9/23/2013 6:57 am
GG Firefly.

Our defense was amazing today. 4 picks and a fumble recovery really set the tone for the game. We scored 41 points, but our offense was average... it was our defense all day long.

3 of our picks were at the end of the game when Pittsburgh was throwing the ball trying to play catch up.
Last edited at 9/23/2013 6:59 am

By nero
9/23/2013 6:58 am
I see a pattern here...not sure our defenses are that great or if it's an update gone wrong :/

By ZootMurph
9/23/2013 7:01 am
nero wrote:
I see a pattern here...not sure our defenses are that great or if it's an update gone wrong :/

I would agree with you if it was defense on both sides... but in my game, at least, it wasn't. The games aren't defensive struggles. Our defense played great and we scored 41 points. To me, the update is doing what it is supposed to do... no more games where there are 900+ total yards of offense.

By nero
9/23/2013 7:03 am
ZootMurph wrote:
nero wrote:

I would agree with you if it was defense on both sides... but in my game, at least, it wasn't. The games aren't defensive struggles. Our defense played great and we scored 41 points. To me, the update is doing what it is supposed to do... no more games where there are 900+ total yards of offense.

No, the pattern isn't that every team is doing it but in these 3 games it's one team taking the lion's share which in itself should be looked at.

By Firefly
9/25/2013 12:56 pm
ZootMurph wrote:
GG Firefly.

Our defense was amazing today. 4 picks and a fumble recovery really set the tone for the game. We scored 41 points, but our offense was average... it was our defense all day long.

3 of our picks were at the end of the game when Pittsburgh was throwing the ball trying to play catch up.

GG zoot. Our passing game has been extremely poor the last two games. 16 yards passing today, though we won.