NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Week 7 Discussion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/25/2013 6:25 am
We hold the #2 passing offense to 190 yards and tear up the ground with 241 yards rushing (vs. only 62 yards passing) in a close win over New England. Our defense stiffens at the right times to keep them out of the end zone, giving up only 4 field goals, two of which were over 50 yards.

On a side note, we're running out of DT's ...

This team isn't that great but it has surprised me with its resiliency. GG, kj1272.
Last edited at 9/25/2013 6:29 am

By ZootMurph
9/25/2013 7:08 am
GG lordscarlet.

Chicago's pass defense was very good today. Up until now, Dulaney looked like he was going to continue to be the starter at QB. Now, not so sure. Will give him one more game, then the healthy Paul Wheeler may jump back into the captain's chair.

Our running game was very good, averaging over 5 yards a carry, but our passing game was under 50% completion, which hurt our 3rd down conversion rate as well as our red zone success.

Tough, hard fought game and we feel fortunate to come out with a victory.

By nero
9/25/2013 7:12 am
We had a problem as our gameplan was reset for unknown reasons. This week I absolutely zero'd out inside runs across the board and then proceeded to watch my team run inside more than they ever had. I then saw that my gameplan had been completely reset (at least on offense, haven't checked defense yet).

You might want to look into this.

And now to our game...

Again our defense was an iron curtain. We playing terrifyingly well when we don't have the ball basically erasing all evidence of our opponents' offenses. In the last 3 games we're allowed a total of 17 points combined and no matter how good the QB, WRs and RBs that we face we simply haven't given anyone enough running room or the opportunity to gain momentum.

The offense, I'll wait until our gameplan issues are sorted ;)

GG HOU.

9/25/2013 8:32 am
nero wrote:
We had a problem as our gameplan was reset for unknown reasons. This week I absolutely zero'd out inside runs across the board and then proceeded to watch my team run inside more than they ever had. I then saw that my gameplan had been completely reset (at least on offense, haven't checked defense yet).

I restored the database to see what happened, it looks like you had too many plays in your scout which caused the game to AI your gameplan.

By nero
9/25/2013 8:39 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
nero wrote:

I restored the database to see what happened, it looks like you had too many plays in your scout which caused the game to AI your gameplan.

Wouldn't it be better if that were to happen that just that screen be affected rather than everything? Seems like a bit of overkill.

9/25/2013 8:40 am
nero wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
nero wrote:

Wouldn't it be better if that were to happen that just that screen be affected rather than everything? Seems like a bit of overkill.

It probably would, yes - something to add to the list

By nero
9/25/2013 8:48 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
nero wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:
nero wrote:

It probably would, yes - something to add to the list

Respect though...you're becoming increasingly innovative in finding ways to screw my team :)

9/25/2013 8:57 am
nero wrote:
Respect though...you're becoming increasingly innovative in finding ways to screw my team :)

Trust me, it hasn't been easy.

By nero
9/25/2013 9:01 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
nero wrote:

Trust me, it hasn't been easy.

It's been a year, we keep each other on our toes...it's for the greater good.

By oukjweather
9/25/2013 9:05 am
Defense and special teams were really the story of this game. An explosion of points in the 4th qtr secures the win over San Diego. Game was 7 - 6 San Diego at the half, a third quarter field goal makes it 7 - 9 going into the 4th qtr. From there a punt return for a touchdown and 2 interceptions by the KC defense leads to 18 points securing a big divisional win for Kansas City.

GG jasonsteeze