NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 11 Discussion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/04/2013 7:17 am
Wow, that GB defense is tough. We almost made another 4th quarter comeback - somehow this team seems to be a 4th quarter team. I need to figure out how to get them started in the first 3 quarters.

GG, nvinceable1. You seem to be living up to your screen name.

Re: Week 11 Discussion

By nero
10/04/2013 1:34 pm
We really put it to New England today although the scoreline doesn't really represent how we played thanks to a couple of garbage time scores as we were in the prevent.

GG NE.

Jon, you might want to take a look at the game. I've frequently thought that the timing of turnovers was rather suspicious in that the game tried to find some sort of balance. If you want the last 4 minutes of the first half you'll see some pretty crazy sequences that illustrate what I'm talking about.

For example, twice during this section of time we have a long punt return, and both times on our first pass play after the return we throw an INT.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
10/04/2013 1:46 pm
nero wrote:
Jon, you might want to take a look at the game. I've frequently thought that the timing of turnovers was rather suspicious in that the game tried to find some sort of balance. If you want the last 4 minutes of the first half you'll see some pretty crazy sequences that illustrate what I'm talking about.

The closest logic to the game trying to obtain a balance would be if a team is way ahead (3+ TD's) their players start to not play quite as hard.

By nero
10/04/2013 2:00 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
nero wrote:

The closest logic to the game trying to obtain a balance would be if a team is way ahead (3+ TD's) their players start to not play quite as hard.

Well that explains a lot. You should change the logic to playing harder if the defense is trying to preserve a shutout in the 4th

By ZootMurph
10/04/2013 9:52 pm
Big divisional win for us today against New York. Our running game was solid, our passing game needs a little work.

GG Rip Murdock