NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Los Angeles (N) and Baltimore

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/12/2019 6:03 am
Los Angeles (N) sends:
David Duarte (QB)
2044 Round 1
2045 Round 1

Baltimore sends:
2043 Round 1 Selection 1 (Baltimore)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Los Angeles (N) and Baltimore

By jouameng
7/16/2019 10:26 am
Now that 1.1 was taken... this trade is completely lopsided. A 23 year old stud QB and 2 1sts for a identical Rookie QB who may potentially be worse... Baltimore absolutely swindled Los Angeles here.

By punisher
7/16/2019 10:34 am
jdavidbakr wrote:

Baltimore sends:
2043 Round 1 Selection 1 (Baltimore)
(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

that pick = https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/16449

By raymattison21
7/16/2019 1:06 pm
jouameng wrote:
Now that 1.1 was taken... this trade is completely lopsided. A 23 year old stud QB and 2 1sts for a identical Rookie QB who may potentially be worse... Baltimore absolutely swindled Los Angeles here.

I kinda like it, and the qbs are two very different ones. Still, I think barajas will bust other wise I would have possibly given three firsts.

looking at the teams Baltimore had more cap available next year so LA opened up cap by giving those firsts away.....financially it's a good move.

not that the other qb isn't good but barajas has the potential to be elite. The other guy just isn't that because of his arm . I would build differently for the two, which makes this evaluation tough but not a rip off

By jouameng
7/16/2019 2:57 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
jouameng wrote:

I kinda like it, and the qbs are two very different ones. Still, I think barajas will bust other wise I would have possibly given three firsts.

not that the other qb isn't good but barajas has the potential to be elite. The other guy just isn't that because of his arm . I would build differently for the two, which makes this evaluation tough but not a rip off

The only clear difference QB Matthew Barajas has over QB David Duarte is his hard count, just barely in his Pass Release, and arm strength. I don't think that compensates for the fact that Duarte is set to go positive the rest of his career, has higher intelligence, and a huge advantage in scrambling skill.

I feel that Duarte is locked in to be "Elite", not that Barajas won't potentially be in that tier, but I just don't understand why you'd give up a sure thing Stud QB along with 2 1st rounders for a slight upgrade, possibly even downgrade. Duarte for Barajas in a deal? Possibly fair. Duarte and 2 1st round talent players in a deal for Barajas? No way you could convince me that the 28+ Arm Strength attribute difference is worth 2 1st rounders.
Last edited at 7/16/2019 3:00 pm

By punisher
7/16/2019 4:26 pm
jouameng wrote:

The only clear difference QB Matthew Barajas has over QB David Duarte

what gets me more is that David Duarte was drafted 1st round and 31 pick of 1st round and got traded immediately for this year's 1st round and 1st pick of 1st round Matthew Barajas.

i am sorry but i dont seeing a team in real life in NFL trading their QB they just drafted a year later and a player of David Duarte Caliber for a 1st pick so they can get another great QB.

to me that would be like Colts trading Peyton Manning a year later so they can Draft Tom Brady .

By raymattison21
7/16/2019 6:04 pm
97 arm to 67 arm is a huge difference to me. One a game manager and one can make all the throws. More like Alex smith for mahomes . If he doesn't bust.