NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2016 Week 2

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
2/12/2014 8:41 am
GG, SwishMan!

Your defense completely shut us down in the first half, but we had an explosive 3rd quarter with 14 points off of turnovers. Still, you nearly made the comeback to send it to OT, with a good drive and 2-point conversion to bring it to within one with more than 2 minutes left. Fortunately our defense held and we were able to kill the clock.

Re: 2016 Week 2

By JCSwishMan33
2/12/2014 9:24 am
GG, JDB!

Yeah, I'm mildly annoyed at Lyons' tendency towards bad decisions this season. 5 picks in 2 games isn't very good at all. Starting to wonder just how badly his knee is bugging him.

My defense is really lockdown at times like you saw, but has given up scores in bunches for the second game in a row. Pittsburgh dropped 14 on us in the 1st quarter last week.

Then there's the offense... I have to look and see what's going on in the 4th quarter of games, as that' when my offense seems most effective. It's laughable, because I can see spots of effort even before that, but the 4th is where it seems to come together.

Anyway, nice game all the same. And for me, it's back to the drawing board.

Re: 2016 Week 2

By Cork55
2/12/2014 2:16 pm
What a fun game brettpete87. It's too bad there had to be a loser. That was quite an overtime. I do feel bad for GB fans as they should have won the game if not for an unlucky fumble late in the game as they were trying to run out the clock. That being said, it was nice to get our first win of the young season.