NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2016 Week 3

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
2/14/2014 7:20 am
GG, oukj!

Navarette throws 3 picks and that was probably our undoing, because those killed some decent drives, especially late in the 4th when we were trying to tie it up.

Re: 2016 Week 3

By Cork55
2/14/2014 9:21 am
I am stunned after quickly looking at the box score of the Atlanta 31-30 win over Minnesota. You couldn't make this stuff up. What a game!

By Firefly
2/14/2014 11:13 am
Got killed by the Packers. Calvillo couldn't do a thing.

By oukjweather
2/14/2014 3:09 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG, oukj!

Navarette throws 3 picks and that was probably our undoing, because those killed some decent drives, especially late in the 4th when we were trying to tie it up.

GG, jdavidbakr!

It was a tough defensive game. I get 3 take aways and end up having to punt it away after each one. My secondary came up big in this one getting a whole bunch of swatted ***** and 3 ints. My run game was getting stuffed at the line for most of the game though. Hopefully I can get a better performance from my offense next game.

By chinaski
2/14/2014 6:03 pm
Pretty great game between us and Miami. One thing really bugged me tho, towards the end of the game, when we were driving to win, we spiked the ball on first down like 5 times with all of our timeouts.

By Cork55
2/14/2014 9:16 pm
chinaski wrote:
Pretty great game between us and Miami. One thing really bugged me tho, towards the end of the game, when we were driving to win, we spiked the ball on first down like 5 times with all of our timeouts.

I have also noticed the spiking of the ball late in the game when timeouts are available.

2/15/2014 9:00 am
I recently added the spike logic in, but I also have noticed that it's happening when it shouldn't. I'll look at the decision algorithm again and restrict it to when you are trying to save your last timeout for the tying/winning field goal, or if you don't have any timeouts.

By Davesgang
2/15/2014 10:17 am
Lost a close one against Cincinnati. Can't give the ball away that many times.

By Cork55
2/15/2014 12:41 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
I recently added the spike logic in, but I also have noticed that it's happening when it shouldn't. I'll look at the decision algorithm again and restrict it to when you are trying to save your last timeout for the tying/winning field goal, or if you don't have any timeouts.

Also, take a look at the time out logic. I have seen a few time outs being called early in the 2nd quarter as well as early in the 4th quarter.

2/15/2014 1:25 pm
Cork55 wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Also, take a look at the time out logic. I have seen a few time outs being called early in the 2nd quarter as well as early in the 4th quarter.

There is a small probability that your team will waste a timeout - if you're not in a hurry up situation and call a timeout, that is why.