NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2016 Week 5

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
2/19/2014 9:51 am
GG, Phinsfan! We played terribly in the first half but managed to take the lead in the 4th. But our defense couldn't stop you from kicking the go-ahead field goal, and our final opportunity stalled and then we couldn't get the ball back and let you run out the clock.

I knew when you drafted Norris that it would be bad news for a long time in the West. I'm starting to think we need a new QB, Navarette is serviceable but isn't consistent enough to lean on.

Re: 2016 Week 5

By Firefly
2/19/2014 10:32 am
That was a toughie against KC. We overcame three turnovers and a very difficult defense and made just enough plays to get a one-point victory. The lone Chief turnover of the day couldn't have come at a worse time, in their last possession of the day.

GG

By Phinsfan
2/19/2014 9:52 pm
jdavidbakr wrote:
GG, Phinsfan! We played terribly in the first half but managed to take the lead in the 4th. But our defense couldn't stop you from kicking the go-ahead field goal, and our final opportunity stalled and then we couldn't get the ball back and let you run out the clock.

I knew when you drafted Norris that it would be bad news for a long time in the West. I'm starting to think we need a new QB, Navarette is serviceable but isn't consistent enough to lean on.

GG jdavidbakr. very surprised that we were even close enough to get to a win. stats wise didn't look like either team really excelled but timely plays helped us, like the sack on 2nd down that led to your last drive stalling outside FG range, very key to hold on in this game.

I don't think we have ever been in the top of the division standings so we will enjoy that as long as it lasts, ha! I suspect it won't last long but hey we're competing for a playoff bid at least.

Norris was a great pick for sure. He has gone through some growing pains but what's nice is he continues to improve and play better all the time. And yes, we intend for him to be "bad news" in the AFC West for a long time, :).

By Cork55
2/19/2014 10:35 pm
gg New Orleans AI.

They battled us to the very end and could have tied the score with a 2 pt conversion. We are very happy with our 3-2 start.

By chinaski
2/19/2014 11:01 pm
Philly is insanely stacked, no chance in this one.