NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 9

By Firefly
2/28/2014 11:27 am
We nearly suffer a meltdown to lose the game in the 4th quarter. We actually did suffer a meltdown, but turnover allowed us to score a TD for the extra cushion we needed.

Re: Week 9

By phayes526
2/28/2014 11:31 am
Unfortunately my team decided not to show up until the 4th quarter and even then my #1 WR who hasn't had a drop all season, has 5. Three picks didn't help either. GG Firefly!

Drops and my quarterback play are killing me this season. My QB is either throwing INT's or fumbling. There may be some coaching changes soon.

By Firefly
2/28/2014 11:39 am
GG phayes. I did notice your WR with the 100 pass catching dropping passes wholesale. The way he played, I would've thought your QB was a ***, too!

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
2/28/2014 1:02 pm
GG, Nero!

If it weren't for a quick punt return for a TD early in the game we wouldn't have been so close at the end. We didn't deserve the win as poorly as we played, I would have felt bad if we had scored the winning TD on that final drive.

Meanwhile, SD gets a win and the AC West is knotted up at 3-6. We all still play each other this season so someone is going to have to win eventually!

By Cork55
2/28/2014 2:25 pm
GG 70chickens.

Not sure what happened, but your team sure did a number on us at home. Our rushing attack continues to struggle, so it is safe to say that we will be looking hard at O-linemen during the off season.

By Davesgang
2/28/2014 5:24 pm
SDO takes over the powerhouse AFC west! 3-6 record of domination! Leapfrog move from last place to first. GG Oakland:)

By Phinsfan
3/01/2014 3:56 pm
Davesgang wrote:
SDO takes over the powerhouse AFC west! 3-6 record of domination! Leapfrog move from last place to first. GG Oakland:)

We had a bit of a lead to toy with but your team created some timely turnovers and 2 great punt returns (1 to set up a score and 1 for a TD) did major damage.

Interesting that the AFC West is all 3-6, I would have expected more from the talented teams in this division but the title is up for grabs still. I doubt we have the talent to take it but anything can happen I guess.

GG Davesgang