NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2016 Week 10

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/03/2014 7:06 am
GG Goundhog! A nice home win to get us back in the win column finally.

Re: 2016 Week 10

By Tecra031
3/03/2014 8:28 am
A thorough beat-down by MIA this week, my team couldn't move the ball at all.

By Davesgang
3/03/2014 9:17 am
GG KC
Close game. Our run game did just barely enough.

By Firefly
3/03/2014 11:23 am
I haven't seen an official announcement, but I have to believe the suggestion I made about increasing pass defense and decreasing drops has been implemented. And I love it! If not, it was just a great game.

Sure, QBs struggled to stay around 50% completion, but with yards per completion so high already, that wasn't a bad thing at all. Also, the running game is still very strong, too. I thought the balance between O and D was as good as I've ever seen in this game. Then again, it was a shootout! And lots of yardage was gained. I guess I'll wait for confirmation on the change before saying any more.

The game had a bit of everything. Memorable plays:

http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/1209#218424
http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/watch/1209#218432

And some wild management by the Texans. They passed on a relatively short FG early and then went on emergency mode with about six minutes left down by eight, right after a penalty erased a long FG that would have sealed the win for us, maybe.

So Houston went for it on 4th down at their 25 yard-line with over six minutes left, made it, drove for the TD but missed the 2-point conversion. Then they went for an onside kick with 3:45 left! Maybe not a bad decision, as after recovering we drove for a TD to end it.

All in all a pretty memorable game. GG legendsport

Last edited at 3/03/2014 11:24 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
3/03/2014 12:06 pm
Firefly wrote:
I haven't seen an official announcement, but I have to believe the suggestion I made about increasing pass defense and decreasing drops has been implemented. And I love it! If not, it was just a great game.

Some of the suggestions have been implemented, but not as recently as this last game week. I have been slowly tweaking some of this over time, though. Glad to see it's finally making a difference (unless everything goes back to the way it was on Wednesday :-) )

By Firefly
3/03/2014 12:32 pm
I actually noticed this last game against the Colts, but I thought it might have been a one-time great game by the defense... and I had my backup at QB, so...

But I hoped it might be true!