NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

week 14

By Phinsfan
8/11/2014 9:40 pm
We lose a game at home against Denver. Close game all the way until mid 4th qtr or so when Denver got up 10 on a long TD pass, 2nd long TD pass we gave up in this game. I believe after several penalties on Denver we had them backed up and thought it was a break we were looking for but at 1st and 25 or 30 they toss a 78 yard TD pass when our corner took a bad angle and could never catch the receiver...that put Denver up 10. Still time to catch up but on Denver's next drive they really could grind out the game with a good running game.

I think that nearly puts us out of the playoffs (maybe a slight chance at a wildcard) which sucks after our 4-0 start this season.

GG jdavidbakr, your team is much better than the record shows, that's for sure. Makes our division games tough and fun to watch as it should be :)

Re: week 14

By Davesgang
8/11/2014 10:01 pm
GG Chicago
Surprised we were able to make a come back.

Re: week 14

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/12/2014 8:45 am
Phinsfan wrote:
We lose a game at home against Denver. Close game all the way until mid 4th qtr or so when Denver got up 10 on a long TD pass, 2nd long TD pass we gave up in this game. I believe after several penalties on Denver we had them backed up and thought it was a break we were looking for but at 1st and 25 or 30 they toss a 78 yard TD pass when our corner took a bad angle and could never catch the receiver...that put Denver up 10. Still time to catch up but on Denver's next drive they really could grind out the game with a good running game.

I think that nearly puts us out of the playoffs (maybe a slight chance at a wildcard) which sucks after our 4-0 start this season.

GG jdavidbakr, your team is much better than the record shows, that's for sure. Makes our division games tough and fun to watch as it should be :)

GG, Phinsfan. We definitely have a tough division and our team has had some really bad breaks this year, I'd say it's nice to have the breaks in our favor lately but that just means we'll have a mediocre draft pick after missing the playoffs again :-/