NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Week 16

By Firefly
8/15/2014 8:18 am
An unlikely Houston loss (did they rest their starters?) coupled with a Pittsburgh win gives the Steelers a bye week! The Steelers themselves did rest a few starters, as I thought it very unlikely we could get the bye, including QB Gordon Calvillo. In his stead, Joshua Roberts went a steaming hot 6/15 for 87 yards and a sack (no picks, thankfully). The running game, however, was unstoppable and defense did a pretty fine job overall to beat the Browns, who moved the ball very well in the first half but couldn't get in the endzone, and eventually just ran out of time.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!

Re: Week 16

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/15/2014 8:31 am
A very tough season for Denver ends in a blowout loss to San Diego. Looking forward to the offseason to see what we can do with this team. GG, Davesgang, and congrats on the division title.

Good luck to the playoff teams - I always enjoy watching the playoffs even though I'm never in them :-)

By Morbid
8/15/2014 10:27 am
5 losses in a row to end the season was rough. Before that it was looking like a playoff year for New England. Almost had an amazing comeback today but fell short. Was a game of 2 halfs for both sides. Pats will be stronger next season. Desperate need for a QB..lol

Good luck everyone who made the playoffs.

By Davesgang
8/15/2014 1:24 pm
GG Denver
Naverett to carrier was almost unstoppable. Thanks, I hope to represent our division well:)

jdavidbakr wrote:
A very tough season for Denver ends in a blowout loss to San Diego. Looking forward to the offseason to see what we can do with this team. GG, Davesgang, and congrats on the division title.

Good luck to the playoff teams - I always enjoy watching the playoffs even though I'm never in them :-)

By oukjweather
8/15/2014 1:46 pm
A incredibly forgettable season mercifully comes to a close on another loss. Good game Phinsfan. On to the offseason where hopefully we can fix some things with this team on offense and defense. Good luck to the playoff teams.

By Wolfpack
8/15/2014 9:48 pm
Rough season with some real up and down play. Lots of good games with you all. Missed the playoffs for one of the few times and we need to figure that out.

By Phinsfan
8/16/2014 11:37 am
oukjweather wrote:
A incredibly forgettable season mercifully comes to a close on another loss. Good game Phinsfan. On to the offseason where hopefully we can fix some things with this team on offense and defense. Good luck to the playoff teams.

Well we pull off a win and sneak into the playoffs with the Indy loss, amazing surprise that Indy didn't take care of business, thanks Tennessee.

KC gave us all we could handle until later in the 4th when we got some cushion otherwise was a close game all the way.
GG oukjweather