NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Cleveland and New England

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/27/2014 6:48 am
Cleveland sends:
2019 Round 1 Pick 4

New England sends:
2019 Round 1 Pick 14
2020 Round 2
WR William Costello

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Cleveland and New England

By JCSwishMan33
8/27/2014 6:58 am
I took this deal, knowing I'm likely looking at a multi-year rebuild.

The WR is already the best on my team (pending free agency), and I pick up a 2nd rounder (likely to be a high one)... All this at the price of moving down 10 spots in the 1st round of a Draft where ANYONE in the 1st is a likely instant contributor on my team.

My logic might not be sound, but at least I thought about it. Heh.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/27/2014 7:30 am
I think it's a good move. You should still get a difference maker at 1.14 and Costello may not know who's on first but he's young and trending up. When you're rebuilding it's always helpful to turn a high pick into multiple players that may not be superstars but are still better than guys you'll find in FA. Meanwhile, NE has a more stocked roster especially at WR and should be able to get a serious playmaker at 1.4. Good move for both teams.

By JCSwishMan33
8/27/2014 7:36 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
...and Costello may not know who's on first...

I laughed at this more than I probably should've... Didn't even click til you said that. Heh.

By Firefly
8/27/2014 9:37 am
Great idea, posting the trades. Not just because of suspicion, but to see and discuss them

By Morbid
8/27/2014 11:15 am
I see a player I need higher up in the draft that I know will not be there at 14. This was worth the gamble on my part. I just have to hope the bot doesnt throw a loop hole into it..lol