NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Training Camp

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/13/2014 7:42 am
First, the biggest disappointment, our #1 pick QB Jarrod Clark took a bit of a drop in his first TC, so the jury's out whether he'll be our QB of the future or not. All 3 of the top QB's didn't fare too well, with only New England's Edmund Hudson holding his future rating, but none look to be booms, and several later QB's appear to be better picks.

On the other hand, our 5th round RB George Haley had the biggest jump, too bad we really don't have a great need at RB. I seem to have a pretty good record of drafting RB's both here and in MFN-2. Need that mojo to move to QB.

BTW, don't forget to activate all your players for the first pre-season game!

Re: Training Camp

By JCSwishMan33
9/13/2014 8:06 am
No real big stories from Training Camp... Our 6th round MLB Clemons looked like he had some improvement out there, but is still an outside chance at the roster at best. Our 4th round TE Bonney doesn't look like he's going to be the surprise talent we thought he'd be, but should still make the team. Every other rookie we had from this Draft either stayed steady, or made very marginal moves.

By Tecra031
9/13/2014 8:55 am
Something is wrong with the rookie progress. Take a look at the player below. His player card shows him as a 27/73, but his post training camp progress shows him as a 34/61. That is similar to my other rookies as well.

http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/7777

By Firefly
9/13/2014 8:59 am
Tecra031 wrote:
Something is wrong with the rookie progress. Take a look at the player below. His player card shows him as a 27/73, but his post training camp progress shows him as a 34/61. That is similar to my other rookies as well.

I also noted the discrepancies, though not as marked as this one

By Davesgang
9/13/2014 10:10 am
Also have some discrepancies between progress ratings and player card ratings.
To bad all the top drafted qb's appear to be underwhelming. Also glad I ended up with Rb Cruz instead of Foster now.

9/13/2014 11:01 am
Tecra031 wrote:

Weird, something is going wrong with the cache. I'll check it out.

By Davesgang
9/13/2014 11:26 am
It looks like it stopped updating players mid first round?

9/13/2014 11:28 am
Davesgang wrote:
It looks like it stopped updating players mid first round?

I think I've found the bug, and it looks like it was happening during the draft. Should be fixed, but please let me know if anyone notices that happening again.