NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

week 3

By Davesgang
9/30/2014 9:48 am
GG Denver
Close game that went deep into overtime.
Felt like my team tried to sit on a small lead.
Turnovers cost us and settling for 3 cost you.

Re: week 3

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
9/30/2014 10:28 am
Davesgang wrote:
GG Denver
Close game that went deep into overtime.
Felt like my team tried to sit on a small lead.
Turnovers cost us and settling for 3 cost you.

GG, Davesgang. Another divisional knock-down-drag-out.

By Firefly
9/30/2014 10:40 am
Turnovers kill us in this one. Four to zip. So we outgain Carolina nearly 2 to 1, recover two onside kicks and retake the lead late... but the Panthers still have a minute left and they go on to score the winning FG. Bummer.

By Wolfpack
9/30/2014 11:19 am
GG Pitt!

By Phinsfan
9/30/2014 9:32 pm
1st win of the season for us. Buffalo was able to run on us much better than expected considering we have a high rated D line, LB, Safety core and they have a just above average front line so not sure how that happens but will have to look into our gameplan to see it there are some answers of controlling the run. With the running game Buffalo kept this game in range until the 4th.

QB Nick Norris has a rough start to the 1st half but does a 2 min drill to drive down for a FG. With 2 seconds left in the half had a big scare as Buffalo runs back the kickoff for a TD but gets call for a holding to erase the TD...very lucky.

Norris turns it around in the 4th with a nice TD drive with 6 left and up 20-9 and a few other scores later to seal the deal.

We were able to hold Buffalo to FG which helped our efforts a great deal.

GG Buffalo AI

Next up some divisional games, Kansas City first. These next couple games could actually make or break our season I think.