NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Wow. Unexpected

By Morbid
11/12/2014 10:23 am
I gotta say i did not expect to sign MLB Flores. I looked at the offers from the first days FA and I was in the middle of the pack. I knew I couldnt get him under my cap with the way my teams salaries where structured so I renegotiated a lot of contracts on my team and came back with another offer which really wasnt far off from the highest current team totally expecting at least one other team to come in higher as well. But have to say I am pleased to have him to Captain the defensive side now. Did extremely well on FA, maybe overpaid some but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Re: Wow. Unexpected

By RLWJR
11/12/2014 12:59 pm
How he didn't sign my 87 million offer is beyond comprehension.......

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/12/2014 1:08 pm
RLWJR wrote:
How he didn't sign my 87 million offer is beyond comprehension.......

Must have been a bigger signing bonus with New England.

By Morbid
11/12/2014 1:51 pm
Yeah, I maxed out his signing bonus. Its almost a must to land any big time young FA

By Tecra031
11/12/2014 2:09 pm
ya, i offered 69mil as well

By Morbid
11/12/2014 2:16 pm
I came back with an offer at about 56 mil for 6 yrs but with the max bonus of 75% that was accepted. I think my first offer was for around 36 mil. I redid a bunch of contracts and opened up an extra 10 mil plus as when i made the offer it said it would put me over the cap so i really wasnt expecting to sign him.