NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

+/- progress

By Morbid
12/02/2014 4:54 pm
I noticed i had a lot of losses this season compared to gains or no change so i checked a few teams and it seemed the case with them as well. I didnt check all teams. Is this maybe to do with the lack of coaches skills compared to talent on the field? If so can this be the expected norm?

Re: +/- progress

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
12/02/2014 5:36 pm
Morbid wrote:
I noticed i had a lot of losses this season compared to gains or no change so i checked a few teams and it seemed the case with them as well. I didnt check all teams. Is this maybe to do with the lack of coaches skills compared to talent on the field? If so can this be the expected norm?

No, lack of coach skills will only reduce the speed that your players increase, they won't cause your players to decrease. The current values should increase until the player starts to decline because of his age, the future values will go up and down but will either maintain close to their value or trend one way or the other. I will say that most players should go +/- 5 or so during each season, it is the outliers that will do large movements in one direction or the other. The probability for a player to trend in either direction is not weighted one direction or the other.

By Black Adder
12/03/2014 2:18 pm
Just to clarify this point JDB,

So you sign a rookie and in his first Training Camp he decreases -5 on his future.This means his future rating will keep decreasing each year, until it reaches his current rating and that will be his finished final rating?

In other words rookies/players ratings don`t go down one year and then may go up the next or up one year,down the next?

By Morbid
12/03/2014 3:34 pm
I have had rookies go up during training camp and then decrease during regular season

12/04/2014 9:54 am
Black Adder wrote:
Just to clarify this point JDB,

So you sign a rookie and in his first Training Camp he decreases -5 on his future.This means his future rating will keep decreasing each year, until it reaches his current rating and that will be his finished final rating?

In other words rookies/players ratings don`t go down one year and then may go up the next or up one year,down the next?

If your rookie decreases 5 points then that may be an indicator that he will trend down - but each stage there is a randomness to the adjustment, so to get a better idea you'll need to see him trending over a longer period of time. You can look at the progress bar of a more seasoned vet and you'll see that there will be an overall direction that the future took, but looking at individual stages (especially TC) you might see some movement that is against the trend. The larger the movement, though, the more likely it is in the direction of the trend.

By Firefly
12/04/2014 2:41 pm
How about specific bars? Some bars appear fully maxed in creepers. Will those bars not move anymore regardless?

12/04/2014 2:45 pm
Firefly wrote:
How about specific bars? Some bars appear fully maxed in creepers. Will those bars not move anymore regardless?

Once a bar has caught its max, his skill has been fully revealed.