NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Dallas and St. Louis

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/27/2015 10:50 pm
Dallas sends:
2021 Round 2 Pick 9

St. Louis sends:
2021 Round 7 Pick 19
LDE Maynard Jordan

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Dallas and St. Louis

By chinaski
1/28/2015 3:02 pm
Both of the last 2 Dallas/St.Louis trades are suspicious. Two ancient DL for two 2nd rounders and a stud punter, when Dallas already has a ton of comparable DL of the exact same quality, yet younger?

By WarEagle
1/28/2015 4:58 pm
Last edited at 1/28/2015 5:59 pm

By Morbid
1/28/2015 6:51 pm
Trade doesnt look to bad, usually my issues with trades is the ones where owners on here who have played a few seasons make offers to new owners trying to get the earlier picks because they already know pretty much players after the 3rd round are roster fillers at best, maybe you might find a gem one time out of all those picks but Owners that have been playing for a bit shouldnt be making offers to new owners like that. I know when I first joined this game I was constantly getting trade offers like that in every league I join, just dont think its a smart way of going about things because once that owner realizes what the drafts are like they will usually end up quitting instead of sticking around and trying to build team because they no longer have the early round picks.

By chinaski
1/28/2015 7:22 pm
Maybe ive been playing FoF too long, but those trades make zero sense for Dallas. So much so, I had to make a comment about it :D

By Morbid
1/28/2015 7:28 pm
chinaski wrote:
Maybe ive been playing FoF too long, but those trades make zero sense for Dallas. So much so, I had to make a comment about it :D

I wouldnt have done them either or probably would not have accepted it if it was offered to me. I try and give advise to new owners now and then. I believe I have a pretty good grasp of the game and built some very competitive teams without stripping other players draft picks. To each there own tho i guess.

There should be like a guidline sent to new owners to read when they join a league as kinda of guide to things, but new owners really have to search the forums to learn things. Unless you already have a really good team you really need those early picks to build a team, getting an aging player who is probably in decline isnt going to make you instantly better. I guess its just learn by mistakes, not saying this is one tho.
Last edited at 1/28/2015 7:32 pm

By Mr.Krazy
1/28/2015 8:04 pm
im I have to admit im a little new haha. but my reason for those two trades were simply because my team is in pretty good shape and just need a few positions filled here and there. im not worried about losing a second round just as long as it wont happen repeatidily. but ill keep a sharper eye on trades now :)