NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Arizona and New England

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/31/2015 12:17 pm
Arizona sends:
QB John Lyons

New England sends:
2021 Round 2 Pick 20
2022 Round 3
LT William May

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Arizona and New England

By amkbirds
1/31/2015 4:05 pm
I find it funny and interesting that other trades are so controversial yet nothing regarding this trade. Furthermore, that one or both of the parties involved in this trade is usually quick to offer their opinions regarding the balance of a trade.

3rd best QB in the league who is also less than 30 years old going for a 2rd and 3rd round pick………. not to mention AZ's lack of QB depth

By Gustoon
1/31/2015 4:12 pm
amkbirds wrote:
I find it funny and interesting that other trades are so controversial yet nothing regarding this trade. Furthermore, that one or both of the parties involved in this trade is usually quick to offer their opinions regarding the balance of a trade.

3rd best QB in the league who is also less than 30 years old going for a 2rd and 3rd round pick………. not to mention AZ's lack of QB depth

Well, you've got the ball rolling.... congrats!!!

(couldn't care less)

By Morbid
1/31/2015 4:17 pm
It is what it is. I honestly even told him i dont really need the QB but will work for me, He could be done in 2 seasons. I gave up a pretty good LT and draft picks. Plus when i have problems with trades it is usually because someone is taking first round picks for veterans players that could retire after 1 season. I wouldnt have offered anything more then what i had offered.

This QB was on the open trade market and not like nobody else didnt have a chance to make a trade offer.

Doesnt matter to me if there is an overwhelming desire to reverse it tho, and thats not trying to be sarcastic either. lol
Last edited at 1/31/2015 4:18 pm

By Gustoon
1/31/2015 4:25 pm
Morbid wrote:
It is what it is. I honestly even told him i dont really need the QB but will work for me, He could be done in 2 seasons. I gave up a pretty good LT and draft picks. Plus when i have problems with trades it is usually because someone is taking first round picks for veterans players that could retire after 1 season. I wouldnt have offered anything more then what i had offered.

This QB was on the open trade market and not like nobody else didnt have a chance to make a trade offer.

Doesn't matter to me if there is an overwhelming desire to reverse it tho, and thats not trying to be sarcastic either. lol

As you said, he was openly on the trade block. Actually I had 2 offers and as you know we had some back and forth.
I'm happy with the trade, and for the naysayers both parties here are HAPPY, sorry if this upsets anyone.