NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Leaving the League

By WarEagle
4/03/2015 6:59 am
Sad to say but I think I've decided to leave this league.

I've got a pretty decent team poised to make a run, but I just don't want to have to pay money to be part of a beta league. I'd have to use credits I purchased in order to renew, and I'd rather save them for renewing the other leagues I'm in.

I think I'm leaving this team in pretty good shape. Much better than I found them when they were 1-15. Should be a nice team to move into for a new owner or someone looking to switch teams.

Re: Leaving the League

By Wolfpack
4/03/2015 8:45 am
I may not recall correctly (and I apologize if I am wrong) but aren't you the guy who made a ton of trades that had everyone up in arms earlier?

By WarEagle
4/03/2015 9:59 am
I don't think so.

I just looked back at the forums to see what was said about my trades.

There was one on 1/27 between me and Dallas that someone felt I was getting too good a deal on a trade I accepted.

Overall, I haven't made too many trades.

By Black Adder
4/07/2015 3:16 am
WarEagle wrote:

I've got a pretty decent team poised to make a run, but I just don't want to have to pay money to be part of a beta league.

I`ve been away over Easter so I may have missed this new/recent post,but where does it say you have to now pay to play in MFN1?

By WarEagle
4/07/2015 5:49 am
Black Adder wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

I've got a pretty decent team poised to make a run, but I just don't want to have to pay money to be part of a beta league.

I`ve been away over Easter so I may have missed this new/recent post,but where does it say you have to now pay to play in MFN1?

You don't, unless you've purchased credits.

If you've purchased credits, then you no longer get the 5 "free" credits that will allow you to renew a team for the next year without spending money. When you use your 5 "free" credits they are refilled the next day. So, you can keep renewing over and over without spending any real money.

However, if you have purchased any credits, you no longer get the 5 "free" credits at all, which means that each time you use credits for anything, you are using credits you actually paid real money for.

I purchased credits so I could customize teams in the CUST leagues, not realizing it would also mean I would no longer get the 5 "free" credits I could use for renewals. I used 55 paid credits on renewals before I realized this.

It's no big deal, I would just rather save my credits for renewing some of the other leagues I'm in.
Last edited at 4/07/2015 5:50 am

By JCSwishMan33
4/07/2015 11:42 pm
Could be a bug in the system... Which would be a crappy way to lose a good owner.

Thoughts, JDB?

By Gustoon
4/08/2015 12:06 am
WarEagle wrote:
Black Adder wrote:
WarEagle wrote:

You don't, unless you've purchased credits.

If you've purchased credits, then you no longer get the 5 "free" credits that will allow you to renew a team for the next year without spending money. When you use your 5 "free" credits they are refilled the next day. So, you can keep renewing over and over without spending any real money.

However, if you have purchased any credits, you no longer get the 5 "free" credits at all, which means that each time you use credits for anything, you are using credits you actually paid real money for.

I purchased credits so I could customize teams in the CUST leagues, not realizing it would also mean I would no longer get the 5 "free" credits I could use for renewals. I used 55 paid credits on renewals before I realized this.

It's no big deal, I would just rather save my credits for renewing some of the other leagues I'm in.

I don't think that is correct, I may be remembering wrong so excuse me. I went down to zero purchased credits and got the 5 free ones back the next day, 99.9% sure of that.
Last edited at 4/08/2015 12:07 am

By WarEagle
4/08/2015 5:36 am
Gustoon wrote:

I don't think that is correct, I may be remembering wrong so excuse me. I went down to zero purchased credits and got the 5 free ones back the next day, 99.9% sure of that.

You're right. I still have a balance above zero, so I don't get the 5 free credits. Once I use all that I've paid for, I'll start to get the 5 free credits again.

Also, it's not a bug or anything. This is the way the system is designed to work. I've already communicated with JDB about this.

Like I said, it's no big deal. I wasn't complaining about the credits, I just wanted to include the reason for why I wasn't renewing. I didn't want to just leave without an explanation.

By Gustoon
4/08/2015 5:50 am
You'll be missed in mfn 1, but sure your team will be snapped up. 👍🏈

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/08/2015 5:51 am
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
Could be a bug in the system...

The free credits are designed to only enable you to play in as many leagues as you'd like, joining one league per day - when you purchase credits you aren't just allowing yourself to customize players and teams, but you're also paying to be able to join as many leagues as quickly as you wish and, more importantly, removing the ads. Once you use up your paid credits you will continue to be returned to the 5 credits daily so you can stay in the leagues you are in.