NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

<'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Gustoon
4/10/2015 10:00 am
Let the fun begin :)

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Morbid
4/10/2015 10:09 am
Its going to be an interesting one for me, I am not in full rebuild but I have 17 slots to fill just to get to 53 players. Retirements hit me big

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Gustoon
4/10/2015 10:58 am
Morbid wrote:
Its going to be an interesting one for me, I am not in full rebuild but I have 17 slots to fill just to get to 53 players. Retirements hit me big


This last seasons success was a complete surprise for me and was leaning towards a rebuild, such was the upheaval when I took over. I have a feeling that this season was a flash in the pan, so am not really sure on direction yet.
Fortunately, I'm not in as dire need as you are. That really is an 'ouch' number of slots to fill, hopefully you can do it via FA, because this draft is looking poor so far.

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Morbid
4/10/2015 11:27 am
Gustoon wrote:
Morbid wrote:
Its going to be an interesting one for me, I am not in full rebuild but I have 17 slots to fill just to get to 53 players. Retirements hit me big


This last seasons success was a complete surprise for me and was leaning towards a rebuild, such was the upheaval when I took over. I have a feeling that this season was a flash in the pan, so am not really sure on direction yet.
Fortunately, I'm not in as dire need as you are. That really is an 'ouch' number of slots to fill, hopefully you can do it via FA, because this draft is looking poor so far.


For the most part my starters are still there, So if I dont get any big names on free agency I am not going to worry to much. Dont get me wrong i want to..lol. But I can easily piece this back together

After FA I will see if i need to make some trades

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Gustoon
4/10/2015 12:03 pm
I find there are more 'gems' in FA rather than the draft, sometimes I think folks cast off good players a little bit too readily, usually because they are out of position.

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/10/2015 12:22 pm
Denver is hoping to break the string of mediocrity that has plagued us from day one - which usually includes a strong first half of the season followed by and end of season collapse.

We lost our #1 CB to retirement this year, and have quite a few who are nearing the end of their careers, but have been trying to bring in young guys over the last couple of years. Hoping for some boomers in the draft.

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By JCSwishMan33
4/11/2015 9:01 am
Now that I can focus more on this League, Cleveland's hoping to spend some money in Free Agency, shore up some positions, and draft well.

Much different from their real-life counterpart.

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Gustoon
4/11/2015 9:51 am
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
Now that I can focus more on this League, Cleveland's hoping to spend some money in Free Agency, shore up some positions, and draft well.

Much different from their real-life counterpart.


I have your new franchise QB for your #1 pick ;)....Matty Football

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/11/2015 10:49 am
Gustoon wrote:
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
Now that I can focus more on this League, Cleveland's hoping to spend some money in Free Agency, shore up some positions, and draft well.

Much different from their real-life counterpart.


I have your new franchise QB for your #1 pick ;)....Matty Football


It's too bad "Football" isn't in the last name database, although I might be willing to make an exception :-)

Re: <'''> Season 2022 <'''>

By Gustoon
4/11/2015 10:50 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
JCSwishMan33 wrote:
Now that I can focus more on this League, Cleveland's hoping to spend some money in Free Agency, shore up some positions, and draft well.

Much different from their real-life counterpart.


I have your new franchise QB for your #1 pick ;)....Matty Football

If you do that, I'm changing every one of my draft picks name to 'Football', ha ha that might make scouting tricky ;)

It's too bad "Football" isn't in the last name database, although I might be willing to make an exception :-)


No team is complete without a Mr Football on their team ;)
Last edited at 4/11/2015 10:52 am