NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: player shortage

By sealbc
4/14/2015 10:09 am
i was going threw the rosters for a possible trade.I noticed half the teams in the league are missing lg.Do we have a shortage of players at certain positions being generated over time?I notice some players are more for the 3rd and 4th string positions.They are not really starting players at all.They are more for fill in roles of injuries.
Last edited at 4/14/2015 12:25 pm

By Wolfpack
4/14/2015 12:48 pm
Plenty of kickers however! :)

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/14/2015 1:31 pm
The probability for a player to be generated is based on the number of that position group's recommended count per team - then a position is randomly selected within that position group for the player. One thing that _might_ be skewing the LG is that when a player is cut his position is changed to what his best future score is (so that someone can't take a superstar WR and change him to a punter and release him and then re-sign him at a super-low contract before changing him back to a WR), and it may just be that offensive linemen tend to score out the worst at LG. To combat this, do a player search for LG and see if there are other OL-men who score well enough to sign and then move their position. (They may even have a history of being LG)

By sealbc
4/14/2015 2:11 pm
I have been looking at other ol positions too fill needs at other spots.Their seems too be a tough balancing act of having starter caliber talent too go around for all 32 teams without using bench type players.I would hate too see the leagues end up less competitive with bench players mostly starting.Then have sloppy games played with 3rd and 4th type guys on a normal dept chart.The deeper starting positions of at least 2 starters has one solid starter.Then it looks as if you end up with a fill in player for the other starter.Then a guy you switch out of positions.It helps if they can play more then one spot a lot of times.

By sealbc
4/14/2015 2:31 pm
Are dl actually working out as ol if you change them around?

4/14/2015 7:28 pm
sealbc wrote:
Are dl actually working out as ol if you change them around?

Not likely, the DL won't get very good blocking skills assigned to them. But most of the DL positions can be migrated between with some success, same with the OL.

By Sardean
4/15/2015 1:45 am
I am only very new and have yet to witness a lot of nuances of the game; so this is more a question for you experienced people than a comment on the game. Is there a shortage of first rate coaches?

By jsid
4/15/2015 1:46 am
Sardean wrote:
I am only very new and have yet to witness a lot of nuances of the game; so this is more a question for you experienced people than a comment on the game. Is there a shortage of first rate coaches?

Nah, I believe that market is competitive, but fair.

By Morbid
4/15/2015 7:49 am
Sardean wrote:

Out of all the leagues i am a part of, this league does have the lowest rated coaches that I know of but the coaching pool will increase every season

4/15/2015 8:12 am
Sardean wrote:

Yes, in MFN-1 the initial coaches did not have a very wide range of their distribution, so it is taking some time for the coaching pool to improve. So you are right in noticing that the coaches are lower quality here than in other leagues, but Morbid is also right is that it is gradually improving season-by-season.