NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

OL Gen

By Tecra031
4/16/2015 6:35 pm
JDB...I think you should take a look at the offensive linemen that were generated for this draft...most of them have insane speed ratings (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s). I have some good OL that I drafted historically and even the my 80 and 90 rated OL are only mid 20's on speed at best.

Check out this one for example. 30/68 RG in the draft class with 99 speed!!! http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/8806

Re: OL Gen

By Gustoon
4/16/2015 11:59 pm
Tecra031 wrote:
JDB...I think you should take a look at the offensive linemen that were generated for this draft...most of them have insane speed ratings (50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and even 90s). I have some good OL that I drafted historically and even the my 80 and 90 rated OL are only mid 20's on speed at best.

Check out this one for example. 30/68 RG in the draft class with 99 speed!!! http://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/player/8806

Sweet! Outside runs WITH pulling Linemen now, whatever next ;)

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/17/2015 8:42 am
Bear in mind that this is the peak speed a player can achieve, but their acceleration and weight play very heavily in how quickly they can reach it. But I will look at that and probably adjust it.

By Tecra031
4/17/2015 9:22 am
Peek or not, there are no 99 speed OL in the NFL at 300lbs. Thats faster than my WRs

By martinwarnett
4/17/2015 11:42 am
jdavidbakr wrote:
Bear in mind that this is the peak speed a player can achieve, but their acceleration and weight play very heavily in how quickly they can reach it. But I will look at that and probably adjust it.

Presumably the adjustment would be for the future though? Unfair to penalise people drafting them now; then again, arguably that may disadvantage opponents of people with these players.

4/17/2015 11:57 am
martinwarnett wrote:
jdavidbakr wrote:

Presumably the adjustment would be for the future though? Unfair to penalise people drafting them now; then again, arguably that may disadvantage opponents of people with these players.

Yes, that's what I mean - once something goes into the game it has to be a pretty big deal for me to change it. (Thus the "bleeding beta" warning on the top of MFN-1)

I don't know that max speed is going to be that much of a benefit, though, even a pulling guard probably won't have enough real estate to get to his max speed even if it's low, given his weight. But it will be interesting to see if it does benefit them in any way.

By martinwarnett
4/17/2015 12:01 pm
Well if I draft one then I'm, having 40 outside runs in my playbook.... just to test the hypothesis and not to abuse the game engine ;)

We've been thinking of the run game benefitting; would advanced acc/max speed potentially give any benefit for pass blocking, ie improved reflex time?

4/17/2015 12:16 pm
martinwarnett wrote:
Well if I draft one then I'm, having 40 outside runs in my playbook.... just to test the hypothesis and not to abuse the game engine ;)

We've been thinking of the run game benefitting; would advanced acc/max speed potentially give any benefit for pass blocking, ie improved reflex time?

That attribute is only used to cap his speed once it is reached.

And as for abusing the game engine ... especially in MFN-1, I am more than happy to have you try to exploit it. Under the one condition that you report any exploits you manage to do (and any suggestions of how to resolve them) and of course knowing that I can patch it immediately at any tiime.