NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Training Camp

By Tecra031
2/19/2016 9:52 am
Interestingly enough, this was my best training camp for my rookie class in a long time. As expected, my veterans declined between 1-3 however.

1st Rd Pick 32 - QB Durham - +7/+2
2nd Rd Pick 2 - WR Seder - +8/+3
2nd Rd Pick 16 - LG Duncan - 0/0
3rd Rd Pick 2 - FB Shaw - +5/0

None of my picks had future declines...usually they all take drops.

Oddly enough, my #1 WR, year 5 took a -2/-2 decline, My 2nd year SLB was -8 last year and -3 again this season and my 2nd year 1st rd pick from 2025 SS dropped 2 as well.

Overall development of players, outside of my top 2 picks from this draft, was mostly negative, and most were still young players. I would expect it for older players as their skills decline, but would normally expect players in years 2-6 or 2-7 are getting better in some capacity.

Re: Training Camp

By Mr.Krazy
2/20/2016 2:17 am
Dallas's 2026 Training Camp review:

1.12 QB Donald Meyer Penn State +3/+1 40/84 We traded up in the 1st round to secure Meyer and i'm glad that I didn't hesitate to pick him up. Even though his performance has yet to be seen, Dallas believes that we have found our crown jewel and franchise Quarterback for the team... but I won't get my hopes up.

1.15 LT Victor Tuttle Florida State +1/-4 52/84 Tuttle looks like he may not be the best tackle that we were looking for, but he will definitely fill the position for now and possibly further down the road. Tuttle's massive strength and blocking abilities may help our starting QB, whether its our rookie or veteran, find more time in the pocket.

2.32 TE Gary Smith Baylor +6/-2 35/72 Smith looks like he will be a great 2nd string Tight End for the Cowboys, having just a minor stall in his training camp. Smith has great run blocking abilities already, so he will be looking forward to helping our backs with more running room. He will also be tested on his pass catching abilities during his rookie campaign.

3.32 RDE Brent Wellington Iowa State +2/-5 27/59 We looked at Wellington being the possible solution for the future of starting RDE, but a late start to the training camp program cost Wellington some value for that starting position. With Adams in possibly his last season, Wellington will need to prove his worth on game day as he is going to be an interesting rookie to watch out for this season for Dallas.

5.15 WR Carlos Hall Lake Forest +8/+4 38/66 There is just something about Dallas and the 5th round that brings our talented Wide Receivers. 3 years ago Berends was selected and is currently the primary punt returner and holds a franchise record of all time punt return Touchdowns at 20. Hall could possibly be a difference maker in the receiving game after a impressive training camp where he demonstrated great consistently. Watch out for Hall in his rookie campaign with Dallas.

5.28 DT Richard Nichols (Jacksonville) Nicholls State +3/+0 27/56 Nichols was picked up after Jacksonville released Nichols, in which Nichols will provide depth at the defensive lineman position, so expect Nichols to be a reliable backup in Dallas's defense.

5.32 RG Myles McGee Nebraska +2/+1 39/57 McGee had a stable TC and will be looked upon as a potential backup at the RG position. McGee has shown outstanding feats of strength as he hopes to slowly work his way to possibly being a desirable backup RG.

6.16 MLB Antonio Butler Northern Arizona +6/-2 29/48 Butler had a slow TC never getting much solid reps in as he looks like the best option for Backup Middle Linebacker at the moment. Depending on Butler's performance in preseason, The 2026 backup MLB spot for Dallas is uncertain.

6.22 K William Yuen The Citadel +2/+0 43/71 Yuen's camp had some competition with a late free agency pickup of Matthew Rugg so unless if Yuen outperforms Rugg, Yuen is pended to be cut. His major area of improvement will be his kicking accuracy.

7.15 CB Herman Tate Texas +3/+0 27/48 Tate showed little effort in camp as his performance on gameday will determine his position on the team, or determine his view of free agency.

With this draft I did a litttle 'experiment' where I drafted 3 players with a +1 future rating on their player details page before TC. The players were Yuen, Wellington, and McGee which resulted in McGee being the only one with no gain where Yuen lost a point and Wellington -5 so I guess the experiment found that a +1 future rating being shown on drafted player's details before Training Camp doesn't necessarily mean they will boom in future potential, for it is random whether they will boom or bust.
Last edited at 2/20/2016 5:59 am