NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Training Camp 2027

By CCSAHARA
5/03/2016 8:54 pm
I took over New York midway thru last season so just pretty much let it go auto and watch what they did. Not expecting much this season and will be happy if they go 8-8. Was kinda hamstrung on finances so that will be the area to deal with first. Didn’t think that this was a strong draft class overall so concentrated on building future depth.

1-9 Donald Eberle TE – NY had bigger needs but when Eberle fell to 9 and was a legit number 1 pick couldn’t pass on him. Solid camp and should be an All-Pro for years to come. With size and speed will add to the options for the NY QB’s

2-9 Robert Collins C – NY drafted Collins which allowed us to move Davis to LG. Solid camp and will be the starting center out of the gate. If things go to plan then NY has a very formidable OL with a solid strength up the middle.

2-13 Christian Cardoza CB – Had a great camp. Looks like NY will be set at CB position for the foreseeable future. Will be a solid backup to start the season but could move into being a starter by seasons end.

3-9 Kevin Cole FS – Giants drafted this CB and moved him to FS. Improved slightly on the relevant position ratings despite the move. Will challenge Lambert for the starting role and adds to the young defensive backfield talent of the Giants with speed, strength and overall talent. Looking forward to watching this group develop over the next several seasons.

3-12 Charles Wiedman FB – Solid camp and will probably be a starter. Provides run and pass blocking with speed. I would expect the NY fans will regret booing this pick as this GM expects that Wiedman will be a solid player for the Giants for years to come.

4-9 Ira Drennen K – I had resigned our kicker before the end of the season but he decided to retire anyway. So NY had a need to fill at kicker but finances prohibited us from getting a first rate kicker in the FA market. Buffalo got our target kicker the pick before so the Giants went with Drennen. Ira struggled in the camp but the real test will come in the last seconds of the Nov, Dec games and if he can handle the pressure. If so then the Giants will have their kicker for the long haul. If not then…

5-9 Roger Peterson RB- This FB was drafted with the intention of converting to RB. Was a pleasant surprise at camp and with his sprinter speed adds depth to the NY running back corps.

6-9 Jessie Gravely LG – Another FB who we drafted to make a LG. Was the surprise of the training camp with solid bumps in his ratings despite the position switch. A little small but looks to be a solid back-up

7-9 Charles Gonzalez WR- Not much left at this point so went with best player available. Didn’t do much at camp. So the pre-season is critical for him to prove he belongs. Wouldn’t bet the farm he makes the team.

Re: Training Camp 2027

By JCSwishMan33
5/04/2016 7:50 am
I need to get back into these write-ups again... Too much going on outside of here. Bleh.

I'll reserve this spot in case I get the time to.