NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat - Version 0.2 - Special Teams Changes

ST Depth Chart

By ZootMurph
10/07/2013 10:05 am
I'm liking the idea of being able to choose specific or general things.

Right now, I personally don't like the way Special Teams works. I can't understand where players on the depth charts are actually going on the different ST plays. I'd like to be able to decide where I want my players to go. For example, on Kickoff returns I'd like to have some fast guys with good blocking to be part of the wedge. Having slow offensive linemen there means the returner will run past them before they can block someone. On punt returns, I'd like to use more fast guys so they can get back to block.

So, I'd like a depth chart for each ST formation, as well as the ability to know where each player in the depth chart will go. So, for example, the #1 and #2 guy on the punt depth chart would be the gunners, the #9 guy will be the guy in the backfield between the punter and the center. Knowing which player is going to play where can create strategy. If I see the LT always has an open run down the field, I'd like to be able to put my best ST player at the LT spot. I really don't have that option now.

So, in conclusion. You can have a base ST depth chart, for anyone who doesn't want to put the effort in to filling each spot, and you can have a depth chart for each formation (punt, punt return, kickoff, kickoff return, FG, FG block). Also, I would like to know where each player will be in the formation... like I said, #1 in punt formation is the left gunner, #2 is right gunner, etc.