NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat - Version 0.2 - Misc Interface Changes

Team Finances

By oukjweather
11/11/2013 12:40 pm
I'd like to be able to track my team finances used to pay coaches. I found myself in a shortfall where I had more going out to pay coaches than I did coming in by about $54,000. Be nice to see what that number is without going into the contract offer screen, and be able to see a graph of it for how it has changed season to season.

Re: Team Finances

By Groo
11/12/2013 7:07 pm
I noticed I signed a guy in MFN-6 that was on another team. Now, I don't have enough money to pay for a coach at an empty spot. I looked at the coach, and I am paying the salary I offered and the salary he was getting paid by the other team also. Is this written somewhere in the rules? If so, I missed it. If not, it is sorta important.

Now that I've said that, I think if you hire someone away from another team, you shouldn't be paying their salary also. He quits that team, and signs with yours, at the salary you offered him. Now, for several years, I won't have an offensive line coach...

Obviously, I'm hoping this is a mistake in the game which you will fix, freeing up almost 2 million dollars for signing another coach.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
11/13/2013 7:21 am
Groo wrote:
I noticed I signed a guy in MFN-6 that was on another team. Now, I don't have enough money to pay for a coach at an empty spot. I looked at the coach, and I am paying the salary I offered and the salary he was getting paid by the other team also. Is this written somewhere in the rules? If so, I missed it. If not, it is sorta important.

Now that I've said that, I think if you hire someone away from another team, you shouldn't be paying their salary also. He quits that team, and signs with yours, at the salary you offered him. Now, for several years, I won't have an offensive line coach...

Obviously, I'm hoping this is a mistake in the game which you will fix, freeing up almost 2 million dollars for signing another coach.

Interesting, you are right that this is incorrect behavior, it didn't remove his old contract when you signed him. I've removed the contract - let me know if that didn't free up the cash flow.

By Groo
11/13/2013 7:57 am
Yes, it is good now. Thanks!