NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat - Version 0.2 - Misc Interface Changes

Minor cosmetic suggestion

By Firefly
8/13/2014 12:55 pm
In the play by play description, I suggest the only injuries reported are more serious injuries (worse than green). Currently there's a bunch of injuries reported and they often don't have an impact on the game, let alone future games.

Re: Minor cosmetic suggestion

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/14/2014 10:20 am
Firefly wrote:
In the play by play description, I suggest the only injuries reported are more serious injuries (worse than green). Currently there's a bunch of injuries reported and they often don't have an impact on the game, let alone future games.

The minor injuries are reported because the player has to come out for at least one play - technically there is a game stoppage as the training staff attends to the player. Since the player is required to miss at least one play, it actually does have an impact on the game unless he would have come out for the next play anyway. I did remove minor injuries from the transaction log, but I do think it should stay in the play-by-play.

By Firefly
8/15/2014 8:11 am
That's fair. How about adding a bit more info in that case, to make it more useful? I suggest:

1) He will return/He will not return

2) mild (he will return)/moderate (he will not return and he will not be green for 1-3 weeks)/serious (he will not return and he will not be green for 4 or more weeks)

3) [the least wordy] "suffered a mild injury" if player will return, nothing (regular message) if he won't

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/15/2014 8:26 am
That sounds like a good idea. I'll put it on the feature list.

By Davesgang
8/15/2014 1:35 pm
Or perhaps just a indicator if it's perhaps a serious injury. Many times during a game someone gets helped off the field, but it's probably bad if they use the cart. Does that make sense?

For example.
Most of the time player limps off... Announcer says looks like a hip pointer... Player probably returns in a few.

Sometimes player limps off... Announcers say hip pointer... But really they lost a limb etc...