NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Chat - Version 0.2 - Misc Interface Changes

Free Agency Filtering

By JCSwishMan33
1/09/2015 9:44 am
Hello!

I'd like to suggest a few added filters to the Free Agency (and maybe the Draft War Room) dropdown.

I noticed we have a few ST-style filters to help narrow down those areas, but I'd like to see about getting a few more offense / defense-oriented groupings, specifically: Offensive Line, Defensive Line, and Secondary. I'm noticing that a good number of my FA losses season to season are in those 3 categories, and the Position Distribution screen clumps them in as "G", "T", "OLB", etc.

I'd like to be able to narrow the FA search to the lines, then be able to fill in my blanks on closer examination. Right now, it's either go in page-by-page to find replacements (which just gives me the rating at the specific position, and not necessarily a gauge on the other positions in the line / secondary), or go to the specific position (and not easily be able to compare ratings with the other side of the line, for example).

Also, I'd love a checkbox in the FA screens to be able to compare the FAs I'm looking at to the people already on my roster in the same position. For example, I'd like to be able to see from the FA screen if there's a QB that's better than the ones I have on my roster, instead of having to bounce back and forth between screens.

Thanks!

Re: Free Agency Filtering

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/09/2015 12:49 pm
Good ideas - thanks - I'll add it to the list. Should be something I can add sooner rather than later.

BTW, if you do a player search by position instead of "view free agents" you actually get all the available free agents and their ratings if you were to move them to the position you're searching for, which you can use in the interim if you aren't already. This can be handy to find linebackers that may convert well to DL, for example, which wouldn't show up in the more generic list.

Re: Free Agency Filtering

By JCSwishMan33
1/10/2015 10:54 am
Ahh, good to know. I'll have to give that a shot and see if it gives me what I'm looking for. Thanks!