NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Zone coverages

By raymattison21
12/29/2016 12:58 pm
Numerous times my vet cbs are covering the middle of the field when there assignments were to cover the outside. This is not little either....its a full sprint till the QB throws the ball. I watched my safeties do it too.

There no rhyme or reason and it happens on various plays. Please fix this! As what would be the point of zones if guys don't cover them. Especially when it happens 8 and 12 year vets.

Re: Zone coverages

By setherick
12/29/2016 1:51 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Numerous times my vet cbs are covering the middle of the field when there assignments were to cover the outside. This is not little either....its a full sprint till the QB throws the ball. I watched my safeties do it too.

There no rhyme or reason and it happens on various plays. Please fix this! As what would be the point of zones if guys don't cover them. Especially when it happens 8 and 12 year vets.

This is why I've taken all plays where CBs run zone coverage against WRs out of my playbook. They are far to easy to exploit on offense.

There are simply not enough good defensive plays, and definitely not enough man coverage plays, especially now that we have to deal with the "offense will just utterly destroy you if you run the same play more than three times" code.

Mathematically, the code is flawed. If I only have 30 plays to choose from, and I have dedicated 10 of those to nickle coverage (which is actually way too many plays for nickle), I'm absolutely screwed against any of the teams that run a 113 and 203 based offense. In a game where my opponent runs 60 plays out of those sets, my team will run the same defensive plays on average 6 times, and that is if all plays are called equally. More likely, one play will be called 15 times, another 10 times, and the other 35 will be spread out against the other eight plays. My opponent may never run the same play out of the 113 or 203 more than 2 times since there are so many better offensive plays in those sets than there are nickle defensive plays to cover them.

Long story short, there are some major logical problems with the new code because of the lack of effective defensive plays.