NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Draft bug

By raymattison21
2/09/2017 9:54 am
Trade with Tampa Bay
Proposed: 7/15/2016 5:55 am
Processed: 7/18/2016 9:28 am

New Orleans
Players
#53 Leo Roberts (CB) (CB - 64/66) 435
Total: 435 (Needs 1065)

Tampa Bay
Draft Picks
2031 Round 1 Selection 1.....worth 3000!

I rejected this trade the because it seemed completely unfair and ruins parity. I knew I would get a great pick. But a 1.1 for a 5 .28. So unreal. The meter wouldn't even allow it now, but why before ?

If a team is a bottom dweller they should lose thier rights to trade away the future. Cause in no world is Leo Roberts ever worth a 1.1.

But routinely guys are making this a legit way to build a roster. It is like flipping houses in an inflated market...just too easy. We are not playing football we are playing who is the mark.

Eventually salaries might stop this but why not only allow one first rounder to every be traded?

As teams get worse each year or just sit at the bottom and give away great picks I will just continue to blame the weak demands of Rookies in the first place .

Please increase the salary of first round picks or drop the talent to match the actual price one might pay.

I was offered the number one pick for a slow player. My concern is not with the inexperienced player giving away the future , but protecting him and the teams right to such a valuable pick.

Also, if it were a dupe at least they couldn't trade away any more equity through that same account . If we're not dupes same .....the team lost their trade rights.

Perhaps trade sanctions could be tightened or loosened depending on how well they do after the trade. If they want to trade another possible high pick the team would have to win a few more games . If not they are sanctioned from trading away any more picks.

This trade was offered to me six months ago real time. After other not so smart trades. Why let this happen like a revolving door of high picks for predatory game traders looking for this exact trade.

I will not wait for users to smarten up on this one. A simple fix would be to increase the bust rate or make volatility fluctuate or hide it completely . .again.

The whole concept favors better gamers, but there no penalty until five years later at the resign. Just keep flipping those players and retain the low bonus offered out the gates.

With volatility shown less than 1/3 bust in round one and most still end up a C grade player like Leo Roberts. So safe, it's an actual strategy preyed upon by win at all cost owners.

I would much rather that user leave the league cause they have lost all the teams equity and have a new guy come in and do it all again. My bets are the new guy would not make the same mistake.....well at least it would increase my hope of that.

Re: Draft bug

By WarEagle
2/09/2017 3:47 pm
What was Leo Roberts' trade value at the time?

It had to have been at least 1500, unless that was before the trade value meter was even effective. If not, this is a good example of why it is now.

Or, Tampa's first round pick was not expected to be so high.

Probably a combination of both.

I think trading is fine now, or at least as fine as it's going to get.

We definitely don't need more limitations.

Everybody gets to run their team the way they want, right?
Last edited at 2/09/2017 3:49 pm

By raymattison21
2/09/2017 4:26 pm
Tampa has averaged 2 win over the last 9 seasons . ....quite predictable

Leo was rated less ....but his speed stays the same

By WarEagle
2/09/2017 6:30 pm
Remember, the Ai doesn't care about speed very much when it evaluates a player.

Still, it's probably an example of a trade that could be proposed (and accepted) in the past, but now couldn't be because of the changes.

By raymattison21
2/09/2017 8:20 pm
WarEagle wrote:
Remember, the Ai doesn't care about speed very much when it evaluates a player.

Still, it's probably an example of a trade that could be proposed (and accepted) in the past, but now couldn't be because of the changes.

Well, then there is two bugs.

First that the AI doesn't value speed or where a future pick might land. Not even with Tampa s track record the last 10 years .

2033 Round 11218

I will start using this tactic. It only takes a bunch of trades for high picks. You will reap more benefits in a strong draft.

By TarquinTheDark
5/13/2019 7:22 pm
Bump.

As a relatively new owner, Is still see GM issues ... especially the trade meter ... as the lowest hanging fruit in terms of a fix. I know my first few trades caused horror and outrage among more experienced owners, at least the ones that didn't reap the picks ... and they hurt my teams.

I still don't much care for 4.5 even though I've learned to be more successful. I just see GM issues as more important to the game than game play issues. My point is most owners can learn some game planning if they stick with it. They are much less likely to stick with it they are restricted from a major part of the game, then publicly criticized and/or taken advantage of as they try to learn it, only to discover that it is broken.

I don't see trade restrictions as any sort of answer. Trade restrictions are a band-aid for a trade system that doesn't accurately reflect actual market value.

Hello Ray. Thanks for the little extra push to get me to join. Here's my agenda. :)

By raymattison21
5/13/2019 9:09 pm
TarquinTheDark wrote:
Bump.

As a relatively new owner, Is still see GM issues ... especially the trade meter ... as the lowest hanging fruit in terms of a fix. I know my first few trades caused horror and outrage among more experienced owners, at least the ones that didn't reap the picks ... and they hurt my teams.

I still don't much care for 4.5 even though I've learned to be more successful. I just see GM issues as more important to the game than game play issues. My point is most owners can learn some game planning if they stick with it. They are much less likely to stick with it they are restricted from a major part of the game, then publicly criticized and/or taken advantage of as they try to learn it, only to discover that it is broken.

I don't see trade restrictions as any sort of answer. Trade restrictions are a band-aid for a trade system that doesn't accurately reflect actual market value.

Hello Ray. Thanks for the little extra push to get me to join. Here's my agenda. :)

Great! I fizzled out on this one . Realized how much work it actually is but guys pull it off. I tried trading with hkpman7180 recently for fun , he's great at this, but boy was it tedious and the worst part I wanted to win out in the trades and all my guys busted. Ha! Serves me right.

It's funny though your right, this thread is old and contracts at the resign are up since and the talent pool is more balanced than ever, but these trades keep happening .

Other notes are the rookie contracts. They have not been touched and thats big to me. We're not in line with the nfls . High picks have easy contracts . Same goes for the suggestion for the nfls 89% rule. Thats what s really bugging it out is the fact that you can bank all the future cap that is available . I swear its like a pyramid scheme...kinda

That's why if you don't trade with these guys there house of cards falls, but there's always a newb. As we were all there. The nfls rule would prevent a lot of this. Installation might be more difficult .

I mean any one can do it I don't really care, but when I offer trades they are accepted at a rate of 71%. Hkpman7180 s has offered me 37 trades( in all leagues) all which I declined, before I tried to get him to a reasonable trade in this one league . I just busted on the picks , but eventually he budged on these offers that fit the meter but we're clearly in his favor. It took 6 pages of pms but we reached a mutual agreement . Plenty fair , but only for an experienced owner that knows defaults were off .

As an adjustment of overalls would make a big difference too! But so would lowering the value of speed through gameplay code. That's seems like the direction were going for now or lately.

There is a guy in one of the leagues I recently dropped . Buenoboss? Idk he has like 22 picks in one draft. moslty 1st and 2nd rounders . I not saying he is preying on newbs but he's got that team really high in dead cap. I don't see him holding those picks even for this year, but maybe he'll pull it off by the seasons start.

This is the real issue . How can you get all those picks ? It's that 89% rule. It would shut down a lot of non nfl tactics across the game. By forcing users to use thier cap on players now not
Future picks . At one point I was near 50 % of the cap here and won the super bowl . It's not my gameplans winning it, but I had to have enough talent . Still, why was it so easy to keep it that low?

All these things need to be touched on for a smooth trading system . It's all that extra cap that allows it in the first place. That's all I got for now.

By TarquinTheDark
5/13/2019 9:40 pm
bb is like a stray dog. I fed him once. Now keeps following me around to every league I join expecting picks. :) I don't think it's just noobs. He'll get them from anyone. He's a good/smart trader. Yummy-yummy picks.

The problem isn't the owners, it's systemic. As long as the system gives incentives it encourages this behavior. If it was fair, it wouldn't DIScourage predatory trades, it would just stop ENcouraging them.

I totally agree 89% would be a step in the right direction.

A while back I suggested one way that every trade made would affect all trade values. I'm sure this idea could be refined (nudge).

TarquinTheDark wrote:
How about introducing feedback into the valuation?

Every trade involves an older account and a younger account. Every time a trade is made, make every position or pick the older account trades for worth slightly more points, across all leagues. Likewise, make every item the younger account trades for worth less points, across all leagues.

For example :

Team A (older account) trades:
10th year RG (200 points)
8th year SS (300 points)
12th year QB (100 points)
6th year DE (400 points)

Team B (newer account) trades:
current 1st round pick (520 points)
next year first round pick (480 points)
Rookie CB (800 points)

modifies all 10th year RGs by -.12
modifies all 8th year SS by -.13
modifies all 12th year QB by -.11
modifies all 6th year DE by -.14
modifies all current 1st round by +.152
modifies all next year 1st round by +.148
modifies all rookie CB by +.18

It gradually adjusts every valuation towards fair market values. No particular trades would have any great effect. Gaming the system or cheating would still be possible, but it would take a large scale systematic approach (fighting the tide), would result in a smaller payoff, and become more obvious.

This is just a first attempt, to get the idea out there. The algorithm could be something much more elegant and better adjusted to the actual volume of trading. It could be set to account for a player's best position. It could be fine-tuned with another algorithm to adjust valuations based on attributes. . .

This way is less work for the developer than a top-down solution. Make the system self-correcting, based on the behavior of the entire community.

full thread is here: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/5/2112?page=5

By shauma_llama
5/13/2019 9:52 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Tampa has averaged 2 win over the last 9 seasons . ....quite predictable

Almost like real life. :)

By punisher
5/17/2019 1:43 pm
i pretty touched this subject in another thread which is the 3rd message in thread
thread = https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/5/3291?page=1

JDB uses this = https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

IN reality should use this = https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/23/15398184/2017-nfl-draft-creating-a-brand-new-nfl-draft-value-trade-chart