NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Re: Multiple Waiver Claims

By Beercloud
7/23/2017 5:00 pm
Ares wrote:
How? It changes it from competing against ~30 teams for the cut players to literally guaranteeing that they'll get every player

To be on top of the waiver list you have to have the worst record in the league. Which is do-able But once you claim a player your team is suppose to move to the bottom of the list and all other teams move up a spot. It's very unlikely your gonna get more than one good player unless the whole league is asleep at the wheel. And the good teams are so far down the list they aren't going to capitalize on the waiver wire very often, if at all.

vs

In FA you just have to have cap space. Which is pretty easy in this game(but getting better). A team that hasn't lost in 4 seasons can still out bid everyone for the best player available. That's a rich get richer scenario. Struggling franchises can't compete unless they dump. Which continues to make the rich get even richer and the cycle continues.

It's much easier for a multi to scam the FA system than it is the waiver system. In fact the waiver system can be quite counter productive for them if it's set up right.

Now lets say a team tanked the year before and has good players on the roster. He gets the good draft picks and is a the top of the waiver wire. That's a problem. A way to combat this might be to freeze all players not under contract from week 1 until the trade deadline. Then open up both the Waiver Wire and FA as teams have established records. The wire can be set according to their current records.

"But what about injuries? I have so many injuries that I can't field a defense". And this is where practice squads come in.

There's always gonna be peeps that create multi's cause theyre not smart enough to do it straight up. But I do think the waiver system if it's running correctly can make it more difficult on em. The FA system is good once the players clear waivers.

By Ares
7/25/2017 3:30 am
Beercloud wrote:

To be on top of the waiver list you have to have the worst record in the league. Which is do-able But once you claim a player your team is suppose to move to the bottom of the list and all other teams move up a spot. It's very unlikely your gonna get more than one good player unless the whole league is asleep at the wheel. And the good teams are so far down the list they aren't going to capitalize on the waiver wire very often, if at all.

That isn't how the waiver works in MFN.

By Beercloud
7/25/2017 6:31 pm
I wonder if it's pretty tough to program for it to work this way?

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
7/25/2017 8:58 pm
I'm going to implement a round robin waiver wire in the next release, where when you get a waiver wire award you go to the back of the line for the next one. (I think the next release will be more simple updates like this and a few bug fixes, rather than having a huge update like the last one)