NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Re: QBs Make Decisions to Slow

By setherick
8/04/2017 7:38 am
I'm calling this a bug at this point, and if not a bug, a terrible design deficiency. The QB watches the RB who could easily run for the first down the entire time until he's sacked: https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/101#18046

I know what's happening here and I know why it's happening.

1) QBs don't throw until the receiver reaches the end of the route
2) QBs key on the receiver the entire time

The problem is that there are literally thousands of these drive killing plays right now.

For a bonus, the kicker misses the FG right after because kicking on this game still sucks.
Last edited at 8/04/2017 7:39 am

By raymattison21
8/05/2017 9:29 am
Guys with low FOV should be able to check down to the same way they are looking most of the time. And guys with high FOV should be able to find any open recievers on any given blitz / pressure . Pending all the other factors that drive play results also. But generally it should work this way.

As it is now this is the game....just good reads with a so so chance of catching it and bad read with a so so chance of incompletING it. Pending all the other factors that might drive results.

I seen so many worse offending play scenerios but in a nut shell . I see the same thing all game long. By then most qbs would have done something else. The good ones know they are already beat already done cut thier losses, but that back was wide open for an easy read....even for a 56 FOV.

By setherick
8/05/2017 9:35 am
Another problem is that QBs don't check down at all when they feel pressure or expect pressure from the DL breaking free. The hot read is a great addition to the game since it shreds defenses that consistently blitz 7, but a check down would also be nice.add especially for plays like this.