NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Game plan failed

By raymattison21
1/08/2018 8:25 am
Yes, my gameplan was not run the way I set it. Perhaps a game play adjustment seting of 5 and being up 50 points overided my plan. But other than that I see no reason for this except a blow out setting is in place coded deep in to the game. One that allows the losing team to come back.....perhaps I am looking into this a bit deep but it happened when my team entered the 4th Quarter , and it wasn't until my backup qb was inserted that I actually saw a few plays ...not all...of my original plan was run again....probably 3 out of 20 plays . ...which could have been random use of the plays in my book.

Re: Game plan failed

By raymattison21
1/08/2018 6:25 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
Yes, my gameplan was not run the way I set it. Perhaps a game play adjustment seting of 5 and being up 50 points overided my plan. But other than that I see no reason for this except a blow out setting is in place coded deep in to the game. One that allows the losing team to come back.....perhaps I am looking into this a bit deep but it happened when my team entered the 4th Quarter , and it wasn't until my backup qb was inserted that I actually saw a few plays ...not all...of my original plan was run again....probably 3 out of 20 plays . ...which could have been random use of the plays in my book.

Upon detailed check . ..my plan was also abandoned at them1:26 mark in the second quarter as well.

By raymattison21
1/12/2018 9:12 am
raymattison21 wrote:
raymattison21 wrote:

Upon detailed check . ..my plan was also abandoned at them1:26 mark in the second quarter as well.

Same thing again....once the 4th started my team aborted it's original plan. As well as the waning moments of the second quarter . ...while in some version of the two minute drill that I didnt install at .

This bug might as well have been here all along , but I have never ran such a simple plan ...one that shows the complete difference in calls, be cause some of the right plays are called but it is only 10 or 20% of the time.

By mardn72
1/12/2018 9:15 am
This just sounds like the hurry up/slow down controls are kicking in. That’s not unusual. Are you seeing plays called that aren’t selected in your playbook?

By raymattison21
1/12/2018 9:46 am
mardn72 wrote:
This just sounds like the hurry up/slow down controls are kicking in. That’s not unusual. Are you seeing plays called that aren’t selected in your playbook?

No, they are all the plays available in my book but none are authorized to be called in any given situation . Nothing in the current documentation constitutes what you are saying . Perhaps that is the function of hurry up or slow down, but only when the called plays are not available then others are chosen at random. I have three plays available for every situation . Or at least that's my understanding of the verbage.

Your solution would be to set hurry up/slow down at zero, but that only makes sense to achieve half of my goal and then there would still be a bug. In other words ....how could I benefit from all the other incentives of those settings. I don't only want my gameplan adjusted within the plays shown in my plan (which is not happening , they are choosing any play at random ) I also want the taking of time off the clock between snaps...or all on the hurry up benefits as well.

If I was in hurry mode the game would omit my pass only offense and select other passes from my book but not my plan? Idk either way it seems broke and is a clear reason one could get random plays called (ones not in the gameplan) while in one of these modes.

To take even further there in nothing in the documentation that calls for either one of these modes to take action in the second quarter during the " two minute drill" . Unless I missed something , cause like I said I use very open plans where almost anything could be selected at any time. So these random anomalies are welcome most of the time by my teams.

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
1/12/2018 10:12 am
There is logic that your team will go conservative or aggressive at the end of the half depending on field position.

By raymattison21
1/12/2018 1:49 pm
All runs and short passes have been taken out. Still, I am debating whether to raise hurry up and slow down to 99 and drop the gameplay adjuster to zero. I am wondering how strong this effect is at varying your actual gameplan ?

The last three games saw around 15% of non game plan play calls made. Quarters 1 and 3 were zero percent the second quarter was 20% while the 4th quarter was 90% wrong.

By mardn72
1/13/2018 8:38 am
Something dawned on me - you’ve said you’re only running three offensive and three defensive plays. How are you going about that? Since that is such an odd situation, I bet that’s causing the conflict with the end of half/game logic and creating your issue.

By raymattison21
1/13/2018 4:28 pm
mardn72 wrote:
Something dawned on me - you’ve said you’re only running three offensive and three defensive plays. How are you going about that? Since that is such an odd situation, I bet that’s causing the conflict with the end of half/game logic and creating your issue.

I don't think it's a problem . Based on the verbage it shouldn't work this way . My plan is just one play group (long pass) with one formation (2wr1te2rb) with only three long passes available to choose from.