NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Contract Negotiation Anomaly - Maybe?

By Beercloud
7/11/2018 8:45 am
I'm not sure if this is or not. Maybe you guys can ck it and see.
Warning: this might be a lil long.

I ran across this while trying to help a new player that took over a cap troubled team. A ot of times I can get players to resign and still save me cap. Which is fine but if I approach it two different ways I can save more one way than I can the other. Maybe you guys can shed some light. Here's the skinny.

Saving not so much method:

a) Once at the contract neg page take the top slider (First year base + bonus) and move in all the way down(all the way to the left).
b) Then change the contract years to 2 yrs
c) Then move the bonus slider all the way left to 0%
d) Then click submit. A window will pop up saying he wont sign for less than x amount of bonus.
d) Write that down and close that pop up window. That is the least he will sign for bonus wise.

e) Now leave the base salary + bonus slider alone for now.
f) Then change the years to 6 in the drop down window.
g) Then in the bonus window under the bonus slider: type in that amount the player was asking for. That number you wrote down. Sometime you gotta click anywhere on the screen to advance it. I usually click at the contract break down chart below.
h) Now at the bottom where the contract years are broken out for you in a chart form, the far right column will tell you if you are increasing your cap with this offer or saving cap. And it will tell you how much.

More Savings method:

a) Once at the contract neg page take the top slider (First year base + bonus) and move in all the way down(all the way to the left).
b) Then change the contract years to 2 yrs
c) Then move the bonus slider all the way left to 0%
d) Then click submit. A window will pop up saying he wont sign for less than x amount of bonus.
d) Write that down and close that pop up window. That is the least he will sign for bonus wise.

e) Now leave the base salary + bonus slider alone for now.
f) Then change the years to 6 in the drop down window.
g) Go back to the "first year base + bonus" slider and inch it up til it meets or slightly exceeds the players asking bonus.
h) Now manually type in the asking bonus

Note: Sometimes it makes the base below min and I have to adjust it up to min. but I always get a better cap savings result with this last method.

It would be handy to have somewhere on that page the asking bonus and the leagues min. salary for that player. And also another window to choose the % increase on the base each year vs trying to manually find that number on our own.

Also it would be kool to have a bigger variety of negotiation tactics with each player other than just the min. bonus he will except. A couple of examples, hometown, winning, playing time or wants to start, contract year more or less wight change the min bonus he will except(sometime more, sometimes less), how long the player has been with the team, winning and overall team roster talent. And any others you can think of.