NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

Re: Rules bug?

By shauma_llama
8/10/2019 3:42 am
In the first half of my last game we had 26 first down plays, 23 of which were passes. My Rules call for a 50/50 distribution. In all of my regular season games we've been passing waaaaay more than my Rules specify. What's up with that? Is anyone else noticing the game throwing far more than you specified in your Rules? I only notice this in the BETA league.

Looking at team stats, we've thrown 175 times, and run 37. That is nowhere near tne percentages that my Rules would specify.
Last edited at 8/10/2019 3:45 am

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/10/2019 2:51 pm
shauma_llama wrote:
In the first half of my last game we had 26 first down plays, 23 of which were passes. My Rules call for a 50/50 distribution. In all of my regular season games we've been passing waaaaay more than my Rules specify. What's up with that? Is anyone else noticing the game throwing far more than you specified in your Rules? I only notice this in the BETA league.

Looking at team stats, we've thrown 175 times, and run 37. That is nowhere near tne percentages that my Rules would specify.

I glanced at your gameplan, normally first and ten resolves to first and medium which is not currently 50/50 in your game plan. I didn't look to see if you had any rules that would override that.

By shauma_llama
8/10/2019 2:54 pm
1st & 10
Down: First Down
Distance: Medium

Quarter: First Quarter, Second Quarter, Third Quarter, Fourth Quarter, Overtime
Time: 15:00 - 0:00
Score: Down 29+ - Up 29+

Play Type: Outside Run: 24%, Inside Run: 26%, Short Pass: 30%, Medium Pass: 15%, Long Pass: 5%

Personnel: 5WR: 8%, 1TE/4WR: 8%, 2TE/3WR: 8%, 1RB/4WR: 8%, 1RB/1TE/3WR: 8%, 1RB/2TE/2WR: 8%, 1RB/3TE/1WR: 8%, 2RB/3WR: 8%, 2RB/1TE/2WR: 8%, 2RB/2TE/1WR: 8%, 2RB/3TE: 8%, 3RB/1TE/1WR: 8%

You're not seeing that? I am. What are you seeing? Are you seeing stuff I disabled that was pre-season I wonder???
Last edited at 8/10/2019 2:56 pm

8/10/2019 3:03 pm
Oh, I was looking at your standard game plan, not the rule overrides.

By shauma_llama
8/13/2019 8:31 am
Game's still ignoring my Rules. But with 500+ yards and 55 points I guess I shouldn't complain. I am puzzled however...

8/13/2019 9:24 am
I looked and that rule is firing. However, the rules behave slightly differently than the regular gameplan, in the sense that the regular gameplan chooses your run/pass first and then selects your play from that. If you look at 'view plays' for your rule, you'll see that you only have a handful of running plays, but a whole lot of short passing plays. Each play is given a weight by your rule and the 'view plays' shows you the weight of each play. Since your short pass is higher than both of your running plays and you have so many short passes active in your game plan, the short passes are actually going to get called more than your running plays.