NOTICE: This league is using the BLEEDING EDGE game engine. For more information, click here.

League Forums

Main - Beta Bug Box

fatigue settings

By raymattison21
8/21/2019 2:36 pm
I know they work on offense . I use settings from 20 and up to 80, but most of the time it's between 40 and 60 like the recommended .

But defensively I do not get the same variation in snap counuts like the offense .

Rb seems the most sensitive a setting of 38 will get your rb like 50% of snaps. Other offensive positions with that same setting will get 70% or so .

Defensively , that setting might get dline 80 to 90%, LBers might be 80% or higher and Dbs get like 80% or less.

One example is my team in league of legends. We played a defense that had all these positions on the feild for every snap. 28 total snaps I counted. My question is why didn't I get the same variation as the offense ? There is some there but not enough when you compare it to how the offensive ones seem to function . Really , everyone played between 24 and 26 snaps. 82% or 93% of snaps

Fatigue setting for DL was 18
pos. Snaps
RDE 25......89%
LDT 24......86%
LDE 23.....82%

Fatigue setting for LBers was 29

Pos. Snaps
MLB 24......86%

Fatigue setting for DB was 48

Pos. Snaps
CB1 26......93%
SS1 23......82%
FS1 24.....86%

A setting of 60 probably would get my dbs 100% of snaps but why does a setting of 18 get a 92% from my RDE? Something is way off. This was a preseason game , number 2 , so the season long fatigue could not have kicked in yet, but we had some 3 and outs in that half... Maybe those numbers would vary more if the game carried on the same, but I seen this in other leagues in the past as well. My dline don't seems to obey the low settings I give them .

This could be one problem with injuries being so high...if low settings keep them on the feild anyway.

Re: fatigue settings

By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
8/22/2019 6:48 am
There's no difference in the logic to decide to sit someone on a play because of fatigue, if the settings are keeping them on the field longer than they should then it's probably a factor of the fatigue logic itself. During the play, each player's fatigue level is reduced through the play based on what they are doing and their conditioning, and the time they are not in a play their fatigue level is recovering at a rate based on their conditioning. You may be right especially if your offense sustained long drives around the 3-and-outs that the DE recovery time may have prevented them from getting below the threshold. Have you compared these numbers to your OLine? They likely should experience similar fatigue rules.

By raymattison21
8/22/2019 7:37 am
Oline played between 88-97% with a setting of 42. Everyone has between 60 and 80 conditioning . My wr1, the only other position that should be on the feild all the time in our scheme, had a fatigue setting of 33. He was on the lower end of conditionin and he took 65% of snaps. Luckily no one took on any injuries in this small sample.

I think I see subbing from the smaller guys in general . ..or at least they seem to obey the settings better . Also, I never played Oline below 40 or 30, so I have no examples of that, but I have trouble keeping smaller guys on the feild the whole game. At least when you compare to the settings of the big guys.

Looking at Cincinnati of MFN 1 ...they are playing with limited offensive players and getting a lot of snaps (nfl records) out of them (and they are reasonably healthy too!). Looking at his depth chart assignments , on the player cards, they got no wr1 or TE1 or rb1 indicated any where .

So, idk what going on there but the AI is not looking at other positions to fill in as subs. Perhaps his fatigue levels are at 100 for all offensive positions ? Maybe crazy razor can chime in, but I am starting to think something is wacky . Well if I want to play my guys the amount of snaps I would assume the fatigue meters would give.

Like I have said in the past , I set qb to 99, and he gets subbed too easily . .a long drive late in the game and he's almost guaranteed to come out...but this was back in 4.4 and early 4.5 when rotating qbs was being teasted . A Setting of 1 would play my qb 3 most of the snaps.

I dont know what really going on but thanks for taking a look . I could put everyone at 10 and correlate the position groups with demands and see if a pattern shows up, but my bets are my big guys will play more and the small guys will get subbed more.

By raymattison21
8/23/2019 7:57 am
I played the first game of the season in league of legends (we only had two preseason games. I think I am understanding a bit more on fatigue . At least the part of conditioning taking effect.

Our Oline was set to 45 and four guys played 100% of offensive snaps. Thier conditioning finished at 100 for the game. The big difference I saw here was the fifth guy. His conditioning finished at 73, and he played only 78% of snaps. So, thats the effects of conditioning on bigger players.....quite impactful. My bets it's because conditioning effects both the draining and the recovery rate.

Both our full time rb1 and wr 1 postions took an injury so no usable stats there. I did up rbs to 38 and wrs to 48, generally above my standards to keep injuries lower, but I wanted to keep my starters of the feild in there original depth chart position the longest , but still not get injuries ,. Didn't work

Dlinemen played with a setting of 18 again. RDE1 and DT1 played 79% of defensive snaps and both finished with 100 conditioning . The LDE 1, who finished with 98 conditioning played 72% of snaps. He was still 4% overweight for his position but I don't think that has a large of an impact as the conditioning though.

Iam going to have to play with a setting 10 or less to drive those defensive snaps near 60% or below ? We will see, but them playing all game, not just for the half did drive snaps counts lower . Either cause of longer drives or the fact that later in the game they are not recovering fully?

MLB1 was set to 34 and he took 74% of snaps His conditioning finished at 86.

Our dbs played with a setting of 48. The cb1 with 97 conditioning played 92% of snaps, also he was a 17% above the recommended weight , but that seemed not to matter much. Fs1 , 100 conditioning , played 83% and SS1, 91 conditioning , played 74%

Conditioning seems to be the biggest component effecting fatigue here . Or perhaps how far they run( in regards to weight or other fatigue hits )....with conditioning taken out the Oline played more than dbs .

Do guys get more tired as the game carries on? Like if they don't recovery to 100(fatigue)before they get subbed back in? Is that moderated by the setting? A lower one will pull a guy quicker but pull the next guy quicker as well and if both those guys are below the threshold and the starter is above but not fully recovered . ..will he get back in? Or would it got to DE4 until DE1 is at 100?

Sorry idk if you went over this before , maybe a long time ago, but this reference for 100 fatigue is made up by me, but that the only way I see fatigue working here or you might have touched on it a while ago.